Recommend deck for a teenager

Scion

RiccardoLS said:
NEVER understimate a teenager.
Give her/him a deck that is challenging.

Ric

Hear hear!

Another thing to remember is that girly often means something quite different to each generation and to different social settings.

I second the suggestion of the Fey, great images that "pop" in the current sense and also a superb deck. Bright but not cloying... though I can see virtues in most of the other suggestions as well...

Happy hunting.

Scion

Kittaine

*rubs chin thoughtfully* Hmm...How about...The Tarot of the Old Path? Or...Hmm...The Decameron Tarot--kidding! :D

wildginger

My 13 year old has the Fey and the Witchy tarot. I have too many decks to list but I let her look through them and choose one that she connected with. She uses the Fey mostly and it is a lovely.The gilded is also a great deck.

Vadella

This is what I got my 12 yr old Niece- Tarot for Teens

you can find it on amazon and other places I am sure. I bought it at a "Books-a-Million".

Cerulean

Animals Divine if she likes animals...

Very pretty deck...and has a good book.

Regards,

Cerulean

tarobones

Fey for guys

Hey, I love the Fey Tarot and I'm a guy......................It's intriguing, a great deck and book set, and neither girly or for guys........just for folks. It's a great deck! I have 5 nieces that all read with the Enchanted Tarot, and it has sort of become a family Tarot by default, I have used it and don't find it too difficult to read with, even though I'm a guy. hehe, anyway, i hope whatever she ends up getting that she finds the Tarot as fascinating as we have...........Peace and blessings.............Michael

Genna

Synchronicity

I second the Fey.They are wonderful.You can´t go wrong with them and that book that belongs with it.The cards are also of a comfortable size.

(Before I woke up to read this I slept with it under my pillow tonight and my dreams were not of this world...kings and queens,and witches good and bad))!

It reads like a dream too.The first deck I ever red intuitively with.And not a lot of symbols she won´t have use for(for now).The symbols there are get explaind in the excellent book(gives new insight on cards for people who read lots of other Tarot books too(ex Majors 0,1 and 15,7 of Swords,etc.etc.).It won´t be difficult to go on to R-W afterwards.

The deck is drawn by a genious young artist who likes anime(not that the cards are anime),mentored by an Tarot expert.Go to the F section of Browse Tarot decks on this site http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tarotf.shtml and look for Fey Tarot.
Go here http://www.tarotpassages.com/deckrev.html too,
and scroll down to all the Fey Tarot reviews.

The Death,Tower, and Devil cards are far from scary,without loosing their meaning,and you get to understand them much better,IMHO,than in other decks.I´m sure you can see pictures in the links.

There also is a Fey Tarot study group on this forum.

Remaniox

recommend deck for teenager

wise gal tarot is perfect for her age. it has basic insttructions for teens.