Tarot of Dreams - Favorites

wizzle

Usually picking a favorite card is easy. Look through the deck and pick a card.

But since we have both virtual and real cards in this wonderful deck, let's exchange opinions on our favorite card from the deck and our favorite from the CD.

I can't restrict myself to just one card from this deck. I can't. Among the majors I like the Fool best with Justice running a very close second. Both cards are beautifully colored and wonderfully detailed. And both provide a new range of meanings for me, to be discussed at length when we study individual cards.

Of the minors, the Ace and Queen of swords win hands down for me. The Ace just speaks of the joys of the mind to me, a very happy image in a suit that is, I believe, too negative in its traditional interpretations. And the Queen is just so beautiful and powerful. I love the addition of wings for her.

I'm looking forward to hearing what other's say, particularly about the CD cards. I'm still looking at the CD so have to postpone naming a favorite.

huredriel

Well I can't load the cd onto my home pc at the moment (got my boss to print out the pdf's for me at work :D).

So from the deck, I love the King of Swords (don't know who it's based on but ;), Knight of Cups, Ace of Cups, 2 of cups (cos I keep drawing that one - yipee :D), I adore the Faith card, it has to be the best High Priest card/V I have seen so far. And the Ace of Wands - feels so much more powerful than most.

In fact, I love them all, so much so my Old Path is now distinctly jealous and is worried it will lose its status as my all time fave deck :). It feels to be a very rich and luxurious deck and all of my friends who have seen it so far (non-Tarot friends mind you) think it's the best deck I have.

mnemosyne7

Faith - Trump V

I told Ciro when he first released the card image - this was the one! My biggest stumbling block to crawling inside the Heirophant has always been the dogmatic feel of the traditional card.

There is a humility about this card that is absolutely astounding.

Mnem

mnemosyne7

And one more thing ...
the entire sword suit in this deck shines for me. And that is incredibly rare. I can FEEL the consequences of the swords in TOD, something that is often lacking in other representations.

Mnem

Aura Wolf

I must say the Fool is the one that continually keeps my interest--I just adore this card, the image is magnificant, rich in colour and symbolism and I just love the feel it brings. I also have a particular liking for Temperance, and the Star--gorgeous and they both just flow and really resonate with me. I also love the takes on Faith and Strength, and the Moon....oh I give up, all of them! The courts are beautiful and even the minors just glow...and I have barely begun working with the deck! :)

Sanriet

Hanging man

This hanging man, I find so intriguing! His body erect, his hands barely touching the waters, the suns on his crown-chakra and his heart-chakra. I notice there are no chakra's on his footsole. Is this by purpose?
The conscious, logical, side of his brain is depicted by machinery and the subconsious by water. Don't know how Ciro did it, but the water gives me a strange feeling, like it holds many, many secrets.
Our hanging man is hanging still above the water. When you turn it upside down, the man seems to bless the waters.

I love the deep, mysterious, blue and the sunny yellow.

BlueLotus

I don't have this deck/CD yet but it should soon be here, maybe by tomorrow ;)

How is the Hermit card? this one is usually my favorite in any deck, so I know I will be falling for it here too .

I may throw my 2 cents every now and then here, but nevertheless I will read all the posts.

Just hoping not to have any difficulty installing and/or reading the accompanying CD file.

OakDragon

BlueLotus said:
How is the Hermit card? this one is usually my favorite in any deck, so I know I will be falling for it here too.

Check out my posts in the "My Dreams Came, True!" thread in Decks. I describe it there. The Hermit is always one of my favorites too, and the ToD one is my favorite yet!

I've been meaning to post in this thread otherwise and I'll get to it soon. :)

Genna

Haven´t got the deck yet,but from what I´ve seen it will be the Hierophant,I mean Faith.Got the desk wallpaper with the Queen of Wands by Ciro on this site,how magnificent.His Queens are always so powerful.

BlueLotus

.... As I was looking at the cards yesterday ( Yes, I received my satin finish copy at last ), it was hard for me to choose just a selected few favorites, but here are my most favorites so far:
  • Queen of Cups
  • Prince of Wands
  • The Magician
  • The Moon
  • Ace of Swords
  • VI of Coins
  • The Wheel - (and last but by no means the least is my all-time-favorite)
  • The Hermit - which shows a blind man meditating on a cliff with a luminated upright wand on his right side, and a fountain of water and some trees behind him )