Gonna buy another deck?

.::Cerridwen::.

Umbrae said:
I don’t care if Walmart is selling the Second Coming of Chirst – I’ll burn for eternity before I spend one dime in that god-forsaken place.

Well said. They are EVIL.

Asenath

"Ontario, America's playground..."

Some decks appeared cheaper while others didn't. As it is an american site and I try to keep away from the whole exchange rate thing, I thought that someone out there may find it useful.

Other than Amazon and Chapters I'm not aware of any other Canadian sites (with a good selection) to shop from. :(

Nina*

I would never buy my decks from such a place either.
Generally don't want to support, but my decks???... no way!
:)

xxx
Nina

Sulis

Umbrae said:
I don’t care if Walmart is selling the Second Coming of Chirst – I’ll burn for eternity before I spend one dime in that god-forsaken place.

Well said Umbrae.

I wouldn't buy tarot decks from them either, no matter what the price. They've even come across the pond and are starting to buy up our supermarkets in the UK. Asda (a UK supermarket) has been bought by Wallmart and has gone down-hill fast in my opinion.

Stick to places like TarotGarden for your decks - they're small, have an excellent service and actually treat you like a person.

Love

Sulis xx

rota

Yeah, what Umbrae, Cerridwen, Nina and Sulis said.
Walmart should be starved into nonexistence, like a bad habit. They are a blind, bland, conscienceless economic juggernaut.

Even Amazon is better, since it doesn't seem to completely starve out the local bookshops. But best -- patronize your local metaphysical bookstores, and of course TarotGarden!

bladeraven

Amazon has the better deals (and it supports AT as well)...I've used both half.com and Amazon.com for my decks, but I hate to admit..so far Walmart online has the better deal when it comes to the Thomas the Train bed n bag....

Aura Wolf

I have to wholeheartedly agree with Umbrae on this one, and many of you...the more I think about it. They are a corporate giant that just demolishes small business, don't treat their workers fairly and are really quite deceptive (oh I had to watch a whole video on WalMart and all this stuff for my media class, I won't get into it). I live in a small town and we have one, though ours is not a super center so it does not have groceries (thank god, I get those elsewhere). The only time I shop there is for the occasional supplies when I am too poor to buy them elsewhere (or there's nowhere else to buy them because they've put everyone else out of business!). I hate supporting them and if I had a better job and wasn't in college right now and in such a small town I don't believe I would shop there at all.

As for tarot decks, really Amazon is just as good about prices, as was said, and the tarot is very special to me. As I mentioned before, I don't think I'd want to support the WalMart corporation just to save a few bucks on a tarot deck. It almost seems sacreligious to me, to obtain my sacred items through such a place, and there are other people (at Tarot Garden, for instance, and here at Aeclectic through them) that need--and DESERVE--our support a lot more.

Sorry to get all political about it :) That's just my two cents...

sunflowr

My friends and I call them "MAULmart". ;p

They completely desimated a Brooklyn beach neighborhood several years ago. The people that lived there were like a community. My grandmother grew up there. Wallmart had them all evicted and forced to live somewhere else, and the entire neighborhood was paved over into a Walmart parking lot. :(

I've also heard they have built over sacred tribal land. (??)

lunakasha

I totally agree with Umbrae and others....I DESPISE Walmart (WallyWorld) and everything it stands for. Unfortunately, in many small towns (including mine), Walmart is the only option, and people shop there out of necessity, myself included. Although I try to resist and will only buy the absolute minimum from that place, seriously.

Now, if enough people start buying books and music and tarot decks from walmart.com, I can pretty much guess what will happen to amazon.com and other internet sellers. They will become the "mom-and-pops" of the internet.

I agree that the prices are tempting....but I'd rather spend my tarot money at tarotgarden, alida or amazon. And another reason this bothers me, is that Walmart would not be caught dead selling tarot decks in their retail stores, so why should I buy from them online???

:) Luna

bladeraven

Here's an interesting thing ...there's a Super Walmart here in my hometown and less than ten minutes away...what are they building?? Yes! Another Super Walmart...what's next...they keep building Super Walmart's till they all merge into a Wal-mart town??