Revelation Tarot - The Moon

Flavio

This is my favorite Moon card so far, pleaee take a look to Adflatus website for the image.

In this card we can see a group fairies dancing under a gentle yellow moon as a result of illusions, dreams and psychic inspiration, the reversed position has mermaids drowning sailors as a sample of delusion, nightmares, dementia and mental suffering, in this position we see a mysterious grey moon.

What I think is the genial part about this card's design is that Zach Wong managed to include mythical entities on both positions of the card and yet made very clear which one is psychic inspiration and which one is dementia.

I think this is one of the cards that is better seen using a magnifying glass (as some AT members had pointed out) as is full of small details.

psychicbody

He seemed to put must of that sort of detail in the Major Arcana, rather than the Minor. Most in that suit are some of the best interpretations I have seen, though.
Only Major card I think he botched is the Hanged Man - instead of having two men, he could have stuck to just the one; then made the reverse image that of a man "standing" but being pulled toward the ground, as he looks at the sky.

Did you notice the typo in the Compendium, by the way? ;)

zachlost

psychicbody said:
Only Major card I think he botched is the Hanged Man ...

Wait till you see what he did with the 10-of-Wands ...