Gill Tarot - Suit of Cups court cards

sunflowr

I posted this under "your readings", but thought I would also post it here, since it has to do with the Cup Court of the Gill.

The Gill Tarot, while I havent used it very much so far (I probably should use it more often because it seems to call to me), has been giving me interesting synchonicities.

The latest is that I was asking if I would hear from a certain someone. I shuffled the Gill and fanned the cards out as I always do.

I pulled from somewhere in the deck I felt drawn to. Got the King of Cups. In this deck, he is "Inspiration". (the evolution of the Courts is backwards on the Gill. Starting with the King, energies culminate with the Princess).

I felt drawn to pull the card that was next to this King. Actually, when I started, I didnt know which card to pull. That one or the one next to it. So I ended up pulling both. That one? Queen of Cups- Contemplation.

I usually pay attention to the card that is on the very top and the bottom of the deck. Not always, but usually. I wasnt going to go that route this time, but something told me to look. So, I did.

Top card: Prince of Cups- Creativity
Bottom card: Princess of Cups- Evolution

There's got to be a message here, with the entire family of water/cups/emotions making an appearance.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Flidais

Gill associates the suit of Cups with water and the Qabalistic "world" of Briah -- the soul, emotional, and creative level. Take away the Qabalistic attribution, and you still have a "standard" meaning for the suit (meaning one that is commonly used across a wide range of decks).

Gill further states that she associates Kings with the powers represented by Wands, Queens with Cups, Princes with Swords, and Princesses with Discs. Thus in your case you have the powers of all four elements acting on the element of Water (Cups). You also have a distinct male-female polarity represented by the four Court cards.

You asked whether you would hear from a certain someone. As this is a "yes or no" question, it seems you would have to decide in advance how "yes" or "no" would be represented by the cards. Some people use reversed cards as indicating "no."

In general, it seems to me that these four cards suggest that you have a very strong emotional interest in hearing from this person, one that impacts you mentally, physically, and spiritually as well. Would this be "news" to you, or did you already know it?

sunflowr

First of all, I really am appreciating your help. :) I dont have the book yet and will have to order it and it will probably take awhile. Your help has been really great. Thanks! :) Even WITH the book, I'll probably need help, from the looks of it.

Yes, I have a strong interest in hearing from this person. Some things I want to know, and also would love to get to know and work with this person someday.. although in the realm of dreams at this moment. ;p ha! But yes, am hoping to hear something.

I just thought it a real coincidence how I got all 4 Cup court cards. And I dont deal cards off the top. I fan them out and deal randomly. So, thought it very interesting and seemed to be a message there.

Oh and no, I didnt do a yes/no reading. I just asked and figured the cards themselves would speak to me.

And I dont do reverse with Gill (nor any deck except Revelations).

Flidais

sunflowr said:
First of all, I really am appreciating your help. :)
You're welcome! It's a fascinating deck and I'm happy if I can be of any help at all.

sunflowr said:
I didnt do a yes/no reading. I just asked and figured the cards themselves would speak to me.
Ah, I see. I thought you had literally asked the question "Will I hear from X?" -- and it seemed like that would have to be answered "yes" or "no," so I wondered how you would tell whether the answer was yes or no.

And then the whole Cups family showed up to answer! What do you feel their message is?

sunflowr

I don't know. I'll have to think on that one! ;) If you have any ideas, greatly appreciated. The family of emotions... interesting family to pay a visit for a question like that.