Kudos Mini Lifestyle Tarot Kit

Little Baron

Just saw this in a bookshop today.

Does anyone know anything about it? It is a mini tarot box (ISBN184510594X) and since it was shrink-wrapped, I couldn't see the cards inside. Was just interested if anyone had it. Tried a search but came up with little more than the box cover, showing a moon or sun.

LB

Little Baron

I found this -

http://www.kudosbooks.com/catalog/index.asp

Don't know if this is the same deck since this looks like a larger kit than the mini one. The cover of the mini one is quite different but the illustrations shown here look quite nice and rich/

LB

raeanne

Hi LittleBudda,
I just got this deck the other day. On the box it says "Cachet Tarot Readings". I don't remember seeing an artist name or an author's name. I haven't completely decided if I like it or not. The art is OK but it seems repetitive to me. There just isn't as much symbolism as I like to see. I don't remember the price except it was cheap (under $10). I haven't done any readings with this deck yet so I don't know how well they read. I just haven't found much of anything overly exciting about this deck. At the same time, there doesn't seem to be a lot of negative stuff about it either. So, I guess I'm neutral for now.

Little Baron

Hi Raeanne ... is that the one shown in the picture or is it the really mini one, that is like the Tarot Nova size? The really mini one is square shaped and doesn't have the same pictures on the cover as the one in the link I posted. It has a blueish/purple box with a sun or moon on it.

Have attatched cover.
LB

Attachments

• Large_book_1618.jpg
    Large_book_1618.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 255

raeanne

Hi LittleBuddha,
The deck that I have is the bigger one. That smaller deck looks very interesting!

Little Baron

I suppose it could be the same with a different cover. It is very cheap, so I might just pick it up out of curiosity.

LB

Cerulean

Hello all, it seems to be a version of the Cachet Tarot

from what I can tell of the various links/listings.

The cross-reference that seems to come up is Top That Publishers.

If you get the set and see it, do the cards look like this...

http://www.tarotpassages.com/cachet-lb.htm

Top That puts out the Cachet Tarot (seen at the earlier Kudos link) and Lee Bursten did a great review of the bigger deck.

Regards,

Cerulean

Little Baron

Oooh ... they really are quite lovely.

Thanks for that Cerulean. Your help is always appreciated.

I bet, now that I quite like them, that they are not in the pack that I saw!

LB

Little Baron

This is really strange because only a week ago, I was searching through the web for a deck I had seen in a supermarket a year ago. I couldn't remember it's name but only one or two cards I had seen, which were a little hazy in my memory. Now, I am quite convinced that it was the Cachet tarot. I had not seen it since so it is quite weird that this whole discussion has emerged a week later after seeing this new pack.

I have to pop out in a bit and pass the shop. As I said, it is quite cheap, so I will pick it up as even though I am quite happy with the decks I am currently using (Morgan Greer/Baroque Bohemian Cats/Rider Waite), the curiosity has gotten the better of me.

I will let you know what I find when I rip it open. I am hoping that it is the same as The Cachet but I have my doubts, due to the fact that the box is sooo different. At least I found out what the one in the supermarket was now.

LB

Little Baron

Well, I got it. And yes, it is the same as The Cachet Tarot, just much smaller.

I do really like the images. It reminds me a little of The Gilded, even though I never actually connected with that deck and the artwork is probably not as sophisticated as Ciroms. However, I do really like the artwork in this deck. It is a shame it is so small but on the other hand, I think it might me a nice alternative to my usual decks to carry around - it is smaller than a credit card.

LB

Attachments

• cachet.jpg
    cachet.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 241