Your most worn out deck

Darla

Do you have a deck you have been reading with so often it shows definite signs of usage? Which deck is it? Just curious, all my decks are in a pretty new condition but I would love to have a deck that you can tell from a look at that it is loved.

la-luna

well that has to be my Rider-waithe had him for 15 years (half my life ! )
others that show sime signs of use are my tarot arista and my Morgan Greer Tarot

all the others are in good to excellent condition

mythos

Back in the days before I realised that you could have more than one deck, I used a Morgan Greer to the point that it now has that extremely well-loved bordering on tatty feel. I still have it. Don't use it, but I do revisit it for a look-see once in a while. I still love it.

I did the same with the Mythic ... which I still have.... and my first Rider-Waite-Smith, which I passed onto a friend in exchange for a mini-RWS to take with me when I was back-packing somewhere ... Thailand I think!

I wore a Universal Waite to shreds before I bought another two ... one for keeping, one for use, but I gave away the one for keeping to a friend in India who was having trouble getting decks. The rupee to dollar exchange rate is cruel, even for a well-paid person, and she was still a student. I was happy for it to go to a wonderful home in a place in the world that I love. I imagine that it has that well-loved feel by now.

mythos :)

Fulgour

The Mary Hanson-Roberts Pamela Colman Smith Tarot
aka The Universal Waite Tarot

It would be hard to put into words how easy to read
with this recoloured edition was for me for so long...
Mythos said it better than I ever could ~ "well-loved"

SalomeTorera

The Lo Scarabeo's Art Nouveau Tarot. It's getting quite gray now and I stopped using it actually.

mnemosyne7

I use the Tarot of the Spirit deck that I bought in 1993. It's pretty worn, but still quite lovely. A friend gave me a brand new deck a couple of years ago to replace it - same deck, just shiny new. I still haven't broken open the new deck. Something about "my" cards that is just comfortable.

I pulled it out to read for a student last week, and as she shuffled the cards, she said, "Oooh, this feels like a big comfortable bed." I never thought about it, but the cards seem to have a personality that soothes and comforts.

Mnem

weaver

have well worn deck will travel!

The World Spirit Tarot, was my first rectangular deck. (I began my Tarot path with Mother Peace and Daughters of the Moon.)

By the time I passed my World Spirit deck along to a young man who is currently walking across the country to promote peace, it was definitely well worn! I didn't realize how much so, until I purchased a new bright and shiny replacement WS deck.

Though off point, it bears noting that parting with that very worn, very loved deck was not easy. But here was a young man who was smitten by his first exposure to Tarot and it just seemed like the right thing to do. I hope my old deck (my first Tarot love) is having an interesting life "on the road"!

weaver

WolfSpirit

My most worn-out deck is also my oldest deck and was for a long time my only deck...the RWS.
No wonder it is getting a worn look...as it is not laminated, it is not laminated, the front feels smooth but the back feels a bit grainy just like a carton box, and it has Dutch titles on it. It is not really tattered but it has that nice soft feel that something well-worn has.

I have not always loved this deck...when I discovered how many other decks there were out there, I started collecting lots of other decks and did not look at it for a while.
Now I am re-discovering it and am glad I still kept it.

la-luna

mnemosyne7 said:
I use the Tarot of the Spirit deck that I bought in 1993. It's pretty worn, but still quite lovely. A friend gave me a brand new deck a couple of years ago to replace it - same deck, just shiny new. I still haven't broken open the new deck. Something about "my" cards that is just comfortable.

I pulled it out to read for a student last week, and as she shuffled the cards, she said, "Oooh, this feels like a big comfortable bed." I never thought about it, but the cards seem to have a personality that soothes and comforts.

Mnem

well that's always the problem with well worn decks they feel so good and familiarly a bit like a lover that if you keep using them intensely they will get damaged with you don't want but using a replacement double feels almost like cheating (at least that's how I feel it )

Sulis

I don't think I've been reading tarot long enough to have a really battered up deck.

My World Spirit deck looks quite battered, I don't use that one very much these days but it was the only deck I used for a couple of years. My Morgan Greer has a nice worn in feel to it too.

Love

Sulis xx