Which version of the Marseille deck is this?

Citrin

I've never used a Tarot de Marseille before, but I found a very cool one on an Ebay kind of site. I tried to find it on Aeclectic, but no success... I know we got some Marseille-pros here though, so help me out.;)

Here's the pic: http://images.tradera.com/540/16602540_1.jpg

lunakasha

Well....I am not exactly a "Marseille expert" (LOL)....

But this is the Fournier edition....which was recolored, and happens to be the only Marseille I have at the moment. I find the coloring very nice, but others prefer the more "traditional" colors, so it is a matter of preference.

:) Luna

Citrin

Ah yes, I was wondering why the colours were so vibrant and "happy" when the Marseille usually has such an ancient look to it. Thank you very much for the help. :)

lunakasha

Citrin said:
Ah yes, I was wondering why the colours were so vibrant and "happy" when the Marseille usually has such an ancient look to it. Thank you very much for the help. :)

You're welcome....:)

Here is another "recolored" Marseille-type deck I recently discovered....
again, I really prefer the coloring of this deck to the more "traditional" primary colors of the historical Marseille decks.

http://tarotpassages.com/beginners-lb.htm

I posted a thread to see if anyone has this one, but got no response. *shrugs* Anyway, it is on my amazon wishlist for the time being....

lunakasha

I agree, mythos....

I have seen the Marsella (78-card version) in person, and it is gorgeous! Lots of gold, and the colors are nice....much "softer" than most Marseille decks. I have not seen the majors-only version, but it sounds lovely!

Rosanne

Hi Citrin, I have the Fournier and I waited a long time to get it too!!! I love it's happy face as well. I have some others as well like the 'Convers' and the 'Hadar'. I must say that none have made me feel as happy as the Marseilles newly printed by Major Tom. It is very sunny and crisp and I have been able to read with it. I was raised by Rider Waite Smith and it was a difficult transition for me; so Major Tom's Marseille was modern but authentic and I could use my way of reading in patterns- and the colours helped- but I digress. Enjoy the Fournier. ~Rosanne

Citrin

lunakasha said:
You're welcome....:)

Here is another "recolored" Marseille-type deck I recently discovered....
again, I really prefer the coloring of this deck to the more "traditional" primary colors of the historical Marseille decks.

http://tarotpassages.com/beginners-lb.htm

I posted a thread to see if anyone has this one, but got no response. *shrugs* Anyway, it is on my amazon wishlist for the time being....

That one looks really nice too. :)

Moonbow

Hello Citrin

That is, as has already been confirmed, the Fournier Marseilles deck. I don't have it myself because I'm still unsure whether I like the colouring, although I like the Moon card (from what I have seen here on Aeclectic.)

The thing with Marseilles decks is.... how serious are you to study with them? If you want to study the history of Tarot, or compare decks for the symbolism then in my opinion you will need more then one deck. I am no expert - far from it... but when the experts speak I drag out my deck.... and listen.

There is nothing more beautiful, than hearing someone who is passionate about a given subject, share their knowledge....... so listen carefully.

Citrin

Moonbow*:
Oh gosh, I'm really not sure... From the start I've been drawn to the RWS-decks, then later I started to like the Thoth (which I'm buying today!), and I've always felt that the Marseille decks would be too complicated for me. And honestly, I find them a little bit ugly... The stiff faces kind of scare me. Though the historic aspect is very attractive!

A few days ago I saw this one, the Fournier, and I thought "that one looks nice!", so that's why I've considered to get it. I'm not sure how I feel about the other Marseilles right now. :/