Tarot of Transformation

Lady Maria

I haven't read much about this deck, or seen it around the forum much. I'm looking for something for my deep "spiritual" side, does anyone have opinions about this deck? Or other suggestions?

Thanks so much!
Maria

contrascarpe

You're right, Lady Maria .... there hasn't been much discussion on this deck surprisingly. Actually, I keep getting this one confused with the Transformational Tarot I have (by Gotthold, not to be confused with the Transformational Tarot by Ando nor the Osho Transformational Tarot ... yikes!).

Laura gave me her copy of this deck (before we got married and consolidated anyway) because I had admired the colors and the uniqueness of it. At first she hesitated because she thought it was too "feminine" a deck.

I have used it for a few readings although have not picked it up in awhile. It seems to be a fairly deep deck and yes, I would say it has some deep spiritual undertones to it. The cards themselves are not overly large and have a feel to them not unlike some of the Doreen Virtue oracle decks, i.e., a "plasticky" feel.

Not on the top of the list in my collection, but it often finds its way into my tarot bag.

Dan

Aura Wolf

Hi!

Don't have a lot of time so I'll make this quick, but I love this deck. It was one of my first tarots and I do not regret my purchase. It is very spiritual and good for psychological readings as well, and I like to use it for relationship readings. Some people think the deck is somewhat feminist, as hardly any male figures are pictured, but personally (just from working with the deck and having read the book) I find it to be quite feminine but not feminist in the least. There is no mention or indication in the book that the deck or its creators are feminist; and in fact the figures themselves are faceless.

Anyway...the deck speaks very clearly to me and is strikingly beautiful, and the emotional and spiritual essense is very easily felt by those who appreciate it. The cards are glossy but not sticky, and are rather on the large side but shuffle wonderfully sideways (for those of us with small hands), since the cardstock is not especially thick. Some say it's too thin but I find it to be perfect (at least on my deck). The set is worth the price, and last i checked you could get it cheap on Overstock.com...

Hope this helps, and if you do a search in this forum for the deck you will come up with a few threads..

SongDeva

I want to echo StarSpirit...this deck's art is powerful and amazing. I think the cards are on the large side, Contrascarpe...did you maybe trim yours and forget? hehehehe

This is the only deck I've ever done a card-a-day from, and the results were fun ( I lasted about a month). It was one of the decks that spoke to me from the store shelves for years, and for whatever reason, it took me forever to listen. I was so pleased when I finally did!

If you want to tap into your deep, spiritual side, then grab a Tarot of Transformation and jump in.

contrascarpe

SongDeva said:
I think the cards are on the large side, Contrascarpe...did you maybe trim yours and forget? hehehehe

I'M not the one who trims the decks in the family! Yes, I guess you are correct. I have been using the Druidcraft and the Petersen a lot lately, so I guess in comparison they are smaller.

Dan

Kittaine

Frankly, I think this deck can't stand on its own. It's practically nothing without its companion book.

contrascarpe

Kittaine -

True, the book is very well done, but this is the type of deck I like - a non-RWS or Marseilles style deck which works for an intuitive reader like myself. My only gripe is that it has keywords, and I am not a fan of decks which have keywords mostly (there are some exceptions, as long as I learn to ignore the words).

Dan

Lady Maria

Thank you all so much for your responses. I don't usually like keywords either, but from the pictures here at AT I think I may make an exception. I suppose you could cut them off if they really bug you, though.

Well, I may just put in an order...
Cheers, Maria

FaerieStorm

Lady Maria,

I've had this deck for quite some time, and I still adore it! Like with all my decks, I go through phases: each phase centered on a different deck. A few months ago, The Tarot of Transformation was it! The artwork is stunning and unique; the book is very well written, and there is definitely a strong synergism between the artist and the author. One word of caution: this is not a traditional deck--the traditional meanings are there, but sometimes you have to dig very deep to see them (especially with the Wands: they're geared toward the Chakras).

Just a side note: I was able to meet the artist (she lives in Colorado and attends the Metaphysical fairs twice a year), and the artwork is even more stunning and amazing in the flesh!!! It definitely made me respect the deck even more.

If you acquire this one you won't be sorry...

Blessings, FS

Satori

I use this deck quite a bit for older women and gay men.
It delivers every time.

The images are powerful and I have developed some fairly consistent meanings for some of the cards that have nothing to do with the RWCS system...so you do have to ditch preconceived notions about what cards mean for it to really work for you.

Having said that, I have read the book here and there, but find that my own set of interpretations have been very workable. It is a deck that invites discussion as well. Querents love picking these cards up and looking at the pictures because each card is a veritable treasure trove of symbols. It is like a hidden pictures bonanza.

The deck creators advise against using too many cards in any one spread, however, I have found that this deck holds a consistent thread with lots of cards, unlike other decks where, when you start to really pull lots of cards they begin to seem too disparate or inconsistent. Not so with this deck.

It is a great deck. Take the plunge.