Tarot of Transformation

Aura Wolf

I forgot to mention that yes, it is very non-traditional but it serves its purpose as a spiritual/psychological deck very well. And yes, the book is WONDERFUL at explaining the cards, and really helped me see the connections to more traditional cards as well. I normally don't like keywords either or "key phrases"--but I must say that I have had STUNNINGLY ACCURATE readings, largely with help from those very phrases. Actually I predicted death with this deck once (the ONLY time I've ever done that, the question was specifically about whether two missing kids in my hometown had died or not). I asked where they were and got the Earth Mother, which to me meant that they had returned to the Earth...and for clarification I got the 7 of Swords rx (which, in this deck, is called "The Rainbow Bridge"). That clinched it for me. This deck blows me away every time I do a reading (which isn't often enough :)).

Lady Maria

Thanks again for all your imput. I don't mind a deck that expands on the traditional meanings, and it sounds like this one can reach deeper levels. I don't mind larger cards, either, as long as they're durable, that's the main thing. The only problem will be finding the time to get to know it! So much to do, so little time.

Cheers, Maria

FireRaven

A favorite for psycho-spiritual issues

Lady Maria said:
I haven't read much about this deck, or seen it around the forum much. I'm looking for something for my deep "spiritual" side, does anyone have opinions about this deck? Or other suggestions?

Thanks so much!
Maria

Hi Maria,

I recently purchased this deck, and connected immediately with it. For me, it's a powerful deck, both for daily meditations on the cards and also for readings focusing on healing or psycho-spiritual issues. It's not a beginners deck -- some of the cards only give a mere nod to their RWS ancient origins, but for those who are comfortable with traditional card meaning and want to try something new, I'd heartily say, "Get this deck!"

When I first started playing with it, I used my Revelations Tarot right along side of it to get a feel for how the cards related to a more traditional deck. Some were similar, some took a totally different but equally insightful path.

I find the artwork to be hauntingly evocative, and appreciate many of the gender neutral cards -- especially in the court. The art is a wonderful blend of mandalas and watercolor abstractions which I just love. I take this deck with me where ever I go, and haven't tired of it yet! I hope you get a chance to delve into this deck -- to savor it a card at a time if possible. You won't regret it. I know I didn't.

-FireRaven

Lady Maria

FireRaven, thanks so much for that wonderful description. I love watercolours, too. I wonder how it would work alongside Druidcraft, which is my personal favourite deck. Anyone try that combo?

magpie9

I feel lilke the fly in the soup on this one.....
I love the images, I conect to the keywords, but may end up trimming the "tarot names" off it, because it gives me a headache trying to connect the minors with tarot! And that's serious, I've never trimmed a deck!!

To me, it's more of an oracle deck, by default. The book makes me want to scream. :eek:
So, I love looking at the amazing pictures, but haven't found my way with this beauty yet. I hope to eventually...'tho it's low on my list right now, I have other more accesable decks to work with first.

FireRaven

Who says we have to agree?

magpie9 said:
I feel lilke the fly in the soup on this one.....
I love the images, I conect to the keywords, but may end up trimming the "tarot names" off it, because it gives me a headache trying to connect the minors with tarot! And that's serious, I've never trimmed a deck!!

To me, it's more of an oracle deck, by default. The book makes me want to scream. :eek:
So, I love looking at the amazing pictures, but haven't found my way with this beauty yet. I hope to eventually...'tho it's low on my list right now, I have other more accesable decks to work with first.

Hey Magpie...who says we have to agree? I think your point that it's an oracle deck is an interesting one. What would we call that -- a "Taroracle?" :joke:

The book certainly feels that way to me, and often I use the cards without it because the written descriptions can be too "new-agey" and irritating for me when I need more definite advice. But, sometimes I like the the completely different, and gentle, perspective.

It's funny, the other day I posted about being confronted with the "bluntness" of the Tarot of Prague. I should have expected it, because when I did my "New Deck Interview" spread with it, it said its most important characteristic was, "readings without sentimentality." Anyway, the fact that I have both decks in my possession (and work with them regularly) just shows how far along the gamut decks run...and how decks suit different question, and different querents.

Hang in there, and if you have to trim your cards so that they're more effective for you, go for it! Two tips -- use a good paper cutter with a sharp fresh blade if possible, and consider laminating them when you're done for better durability.

Blue skies and blessings,
-FireRaven/Karen

Aura Wolf

Well it basically is an oracle...I mean it's set up like a tarot but it's so non-traditional that I think for most people it can't really be called tarot...there are connections to most traditional "meanings" of cards, but all in all they are very vague. This is the only deck I have that I never feel the need to draw connections with, though, or think of keywords...I read it completely intuitively and as-is. That's the only way it's ever really worked for me and it's fabulous....

pepperi

Deep spiritual deck

I have three decks that provide that for me, it all depends on your meaning of deep? For example Deep spirituality occurs will studying esotericism like I do and the deck I use for that is Golden Dawn Magical Tarot Deck. The imagery is amazing and there are soooo many different meanings depending of course upon the question. This deck can take you to places most people probably can't go. Hope I helped more than babbled lol.