Secret Forest - Six of Coins

Saleheim

The card shows a couple of trees and bushes at a clear night. The moon can be seen behind one of the trees. Stars fall out of the sky. Other than this nothing much is to be seen. I find this one of the most difficult card to interpret (there are others) so I picked this one.

The feeling I get is of a connection between earth and sky. Sky (falling stars) reaches out to earth. But this is where I pretty much get stuck. I tried to compare this with the Rider-Waite card 6 of Pentacles but I so far fail to see similarities. The only thing is that the coins of the Rider-Waite card that the man gives to the poor could be the falling stars in the Secret Forest card but how is this going to be a 'gift' to the forest below?

Really would like your opinion about this in my view difficult card.

Xarokys

Secret Forest - 6 of Coins

I love this picture. Falling stars, the dark mysterious forest, and the moon which looks like it's smiling.

Wish upon a falling star. Maybe this card represents a wish is coming true. Or we are about to receive gifts from the universe.

Relating this to the element earth, I think the metal we sometimes get from meteorites was highly prized in olden days, I'm not sure about that though. I would assume most of it burns off during entry. I do remember reading in one version of the Arthurian legend that Excalibur was made from meteor metal.

So maybe something rare and valuable is about to fall into your lap.

I like the black and white side too. It looks so mysterious. The moon seems to really glow.

Becky

fluffy

Xarokys said:
Relating this to the element earth, I think the metal we sometimes get from meteorites was highly prized in olden days, I'm not sure about that though. I would assume most of it burns off during entry. I do remember reading in one version of the Arthurian legend that Excalibur was made from meteor metal.

I agree with the above. Meteorites were highly valued as gifts from the Gods. They were considered sacred in some religions (kept as talismans). I see the same as Becky. Gifts to be received, shared and acknowledged. Perhaps unexpected. I am not sure of the difference in the b&w side as to how this would effect the interpretation.

I would love to hear other peoples views on this card, especially with regards to the trees, I feel that they have some significance, but can't quite put my finger on it.

Love Fluffy
x

Jewel-ry

As I sit here, I imagine myseIf walking through this forest, my feet scrunching through the undergrowth. The detritus covers the forest floor. I look up and take in the tall trees. Slender and powerful they command respect in this forest - their forest. For without them, the secret forest would not exist. Their presence is so crucial to many living things. The full moon is big and bright. It lights up the whole sky and fills me with awe. I reflect on the fact that this is something which happens to me often. I cannot look at the moon without feeling struck by its beauty. I cannot look at it without working out where the Sun is in relation to it. How amazing that the two work so well together. Without the Sun we would not see the Moon. Suddenly a shower of shooting stars head towards the Earth, pulled by our gravity down to the forest floor. There is a legend which says that wherever a shooting star lands, a flower will grow.

This card epitomises the physical earth. It makes me realise how small and vulnerable I am in the great scheme of things. It reminds me of the immense forces which influence the world we live in. The physical earth and its natural rhythms. The moon, sun, stars, gravity, trees, life itself. What a wonderful 'gift' our world is.

In a reading I may see this as a windfall, a reminder to appreciate the beauty that surrounds me, the sharing of gifts, generosity, realisation and knowledge,
maybe to let things take their natural course. I see it as a positive card - love it!!

:)

Saleheim

Jewel-ry said:
In a reading I may see this as a windfall, a reminder to appreciate the beauty that surrounds me, the sharing of gifts, generosity, realisation and knowledge,
maybe to let things take their natural course. I see it as a positive card - love it!!

:)

Beautiful descriptions so far. I was also thinking that the sharing of gifts also could mean the sharing of light in this card. It's a dark forest, without light we would be lost and not be able to see where we would be going. With the help of the light of the moon and the falling stars we now can. Maybe that's also with other gifts. We take them often for granted but take them away and we would not be able to be who we are and do what we do. For me this is also a card of appreciation.

Saleheim

Off-topic but Happy Birthday Jewel-ry!

Willa

Greetings,
Unlike the Major Arcana VI the six of coins seems to indicate unbalanced choices. It indicates to me one who deludes himself into believing he/she is charitable. You give of your resources freely, but are you paying attention to what you are doing? Question are you giving people what they need or just what it please you to give.

Saleheim

Willa said:
Greetings,
Unlike the Major Arcana VI the six of coins seems to indicate unbalanced choices. It indicates to me one who deludes himself into believing he/she is charitable. You give of your resources freely, but are you paying attention to what you are doing? Question are you giving people what they need or just what it please you to give.

This description gave me another thought. About unbalanced choices. The meteorites at night give light but the forest still remains dark, we cannot see what's going on. More light is needed really to be considered useful. Just a thought relating to the card.

Bev

I've been away from this forum for a while....life getting in the way and all. I just got this deck and hope it's okay that I add my thoughts here.

To me, the six of pentacles never came across as indicating unbalanced choices - quite the contrary. The 'donor' is holding scales that to me, shows that he is weighing his choices - where to put his resources. And in a reading, it is always interesting which of the three people comes into play. Is it the donor, the person receiving the coins, or the person anxiously awaiting to find if he will be deemed to be worthy of a gift. They all have their stories to tell.

In the Secret Forest 6 of Coins, I'm seeing the meteors as a gift from the earth mother. But rather than being about weighing who is worthy of receiving, I'm getting the feeling that we are being asked to look at how we accept the gifts we are given. Do we stand in awe of the beauty of the falling stars and moon and accept the wonderful aesthetic gift, or do we go off in search of the meteorites, the tactile reward, with little chance of finding them?

I like the use of the black and white images in this deck and even moreso by the suggestion in the LWB that they could indicate potentials, things that have not been completely realized. I might be inclined to look at the black and white image in this card as touching on the possibility that we are not fully appreciating the gifts we are given, that we need to find the cause for our limited 'sight'.

Just some thoughts that this card stirred up in my little brain.....

Blessings,
Bev