Goddess Tarot - Differences

Antharias

Hi!

im a beginner but i was studying the deck and read about the changes of names, so here's my question:

Even if the names, meanings, etc are changed, will be the same if you use a book about tarot (traditional) or will be better if you use the book from the set? are there many differences? or is just the same?

Druidess_Fianna

I can see this person asked this question quite a long time ago, 2005, but I'll answer it now as it's a pretty valid question.

For this deck, I would use the book that goes with it. You can technically use a basic Rider-Waite interpretations book, but you'll miss out on the theme of the deck. Part of buying a deck of a particular theme is to study that topic. Also, the interpretations for this deck are pretty straight-forward, in my experience. The other thing I would consider here is that I'm not sure how much of this deck is based off of the RW from a really technical standpoint. The author is an artist aside from this tarot deck so I'm sure she put a lot of creativity into this deck that go beyond just the straight RW interpretations. I just put the following in a thread about reversals, but it applies here too so I will post it again...

"Please note also though that I have the paperback book that comes with the kit version as well as The Goddess Tarot Workbook (it's kind of hard to acquire now - new ones start at an average of $80 or so dollars and are available on Amazon however there aren't many of them left). I don't think you can get the accompanying paperback separately from the kit although it does have a price on the back of it for $12.00 so it may be possible to find one. The technical title of it is The Goddess Tarot written and illustrated by Kris Waldherr. Of course, if you have the money to get the workbook, I would just do that and skip over trying to search for the paperback unless you intend on buying a second deck in the kit version to get the paperback. The only real difference the paperback has from the paper pamphlet is that it describes in detail what's going on in each picture. In working with this deck, I've also found that the author's two other books have come in handy in understanding the goddesses and the myths better. Her other books are... The Book of Goddesses: A Celebration of the Divine Feminine and Embracing the Goddess Within: A Creative Guide for Women. The first of those may be out of print as it's very expensive - around $80 but still able to be purchased new on Amazon. Hope this information helps - in general, as well as in interpreting the reversals for this deck. "