lord of the ring cards

Maryann

i was looking at them the other day and found them to be very pretty, but due to them being game cards to i couldnt take them seriously, how do you feel about them? can they be taken seriously?

Maryann

thanks for that

DoctorArcanus

Maryann said:
i was looking at them the other day and found them to be very pretty, but due to them being game cards to i couldnt take them seriously, how do you feel about them? can they be taken seriously?

Maryann and Contrascarpe, are you talking about the same deck?
There's a LOTR Tarot by US Games
and a Trading Card Game by Decipher whose images seem to be taken from the movie: finding a way of using them for divination could be fun :)

Maryann, which are the "game cards" you are interested in? One of these or a third LOTR card game?

Marco

DoctorArcanus

Maryann said:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t.../103-1794733-0684649?v=glance&s=toys&n=507846 these, not really interested in them just wondered what other people thought, i couldnt personally take cards that are also designed to be played with seriously.

So Contrascarpe correctly identified the deck you are interested in.

About not taking seriously cards that were also designed for playing, as far as I know, all ancient decks, from the 15th to all the 18th century, were designed for play. Here on ATF you find a lot of people who take these decks seriously.....I do :)
I think that a deck that you like can be a good deck and can be taken seriously, independently from the goal it was designed for.
So, trust you instinct!

Marco

WolfSpirit

I agree with everything DoctorArcanus said.

I have even done readings with LOTR trading cards. The story has touched me deeply and I find it very easy to connect with these cards, even though they were not designed for readings - but neither were the first tarot decks.