My Whimsical Tarot Came!

Moonchild1721

Yay! I got my Whimsical Tarot in the mail today. It is just the kind of deck I was looking for. Light-hearted fun images depicting all the fairy tales. I'm really going to have fun with this deck. I've already done a few really good readings with it.
Samantha

HearthCricket

It is a very fun deck and very sweet, don't you think? I love it, but I am really looking forward to The Fairy Tale Tarot, coming out later this year. I just love fairy tales and really connect to these decks. Happy playing!

Kittaine

It's a very easy deck to read with! Perfect for those times when you're doing serious, emotionally heavy readings but need some comfort and lighthearted fun while doing it. :) Try it sometime. :D

lunes

Moonchild1721

wow - I've just had a quick look on the A-Z and this deck looks great. I can see it being the perfect deck for people who are perhaps a little sceptical of plunging into having a reading done (I'm thinking of my mother).

It's light hearted yet still illustrates the point.

Have fun and keep us posted with how it reads. If you want some practice with it I'd be up for a reading!

Lunes

Moonchild1721

I've done a few more readings with this deck, and some Tarot exercises, and I love it! It's a very comforting deck. Alot of the cards depict fairy tales that I had long forgotten. There are a few cards where I had forgotten the exact name of the fairy tale in the card, but I would find myself recalling a few lines from the tale.
Lunes: I'd definitely be able to do a practice reading. I just need to work with the cards some more to get used to them. I'll PM you!
Samantha

Silaria

Easy to read if you don't know all the fairy tails?

I have this deck but haven't read with it yet. When I flipped through it I realized I didn't know/remember so of fairy tales used for the deck. For those of you who have used this deck, do you think this will make it more difficult to read with or won't it matter?

I'd love to start working with this deck but don't have time to read all the various fairy tales.

Moonchild1721

There are some fairy tales that I don't remember in this deck. I don't necessarily find that it makes it harder for me to read. Little by little they're coming back to me. I did pull out a few of my old fairy tales books, just to get reacquainted with them.
Samantha

Flavio

Silaria said:
I have this deck but haven't read with it yet. When I flipped through it I realized I didn't know/remember so of fairy tales used for the deck. For those of you who have used this deck, do you think this will make it more difficult to read with or won't it matter?

I'd love to start working with this deck but don't have time to read all the various fairy tales.
The companion book can be helpful to remeber the fairy tale depcited in each card.

BodhiSeed

list of fairy tales associated with the cards

Silaria,
Here's a website that lists the fairy tales associated with each card:

http://www.tarotpassages.com/whimsicaldw.htm

I originally bought this for my daughter, but ending up keeping it for myself!
Many Blessings,
Bodhran

Flavio

bodhran said:
Silaria,
Here's a website that lists the fairy tales associated with each card:
http://www.tarotpassages.com/whimsicaldw.htm
Thank you for sharing! now I am at home, if anyone is still interested in the companion book here is the complete reference:

Whimsical Tarot
by Dorothy Morrison
Illustrated by Mary Hanson Roberts
ISBN 1-57281-315-6
204 Pages
(it indicates price USD 11.00)