Garoche

BodhiSeed

Garoche is a French-Canadian word that means "tossing." It is a form of divination created by a friend of mine from Australia (thanks Shadowlynx!); this is my version inspired by her. Small objects, each with a positive and negative meaning, are tossed onto a layout of concentric circles. The center represents the main or core issue and is always read from a negative meaning. The inner circle symbolizes what assists or benefits you, and is taken from the positive meanings of the objects. The outer circle represents what hinders or blocks you, and is interpreted from the negative meanings of the objects. Objects outside the layout are ignored. Here are the objects and their meanings:

Light bulb charm (+) inspiration, open to new ideas, creativity; (-) refusal to try and learn new things, inflexible or close-minded.
Clear crystal (+) clarity, seeing things how they really are, honesty; (-) in denial, illusion, cloudy vision.
Chinese coin (+) abundance, satisfying career, managing your finances well; (-) spending money foolishly, waste, unsatisfying career.
Die (+) willing to take a risk, spontaneous, nonconformity; (-) impulsive, reckless, throwing all caution to the wind.
Plastic bird's egg (+) new beginning, potential, possibilities; (-) doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Tiny wooden bowl (+) gratitude, generosity, contentment; (-) unable to be satisfied, egotistical, unappreciative.
Sun charm (+) optimism and hope; (-) pessimism and cynicism.
Lock charm (+) being careful of what you say and how you say it; (-) unhealthy secrets, stuffing your feelings.
Ring (+) reaping the good that you have sown; (-) experiencing the consequences of your actions.
Bear charm (+) taking time out for yourself, rest and relaxation, self-inventory; (-) constant busyness, self-induced stress, blame.
Pewter heart (+) compassion and unconditional love, healthy relationships;
(-) prejudice or judgment of others, hatred, unhealthy relationships.
Tiny key (+) knowing there is a Divine plan and that you have a part in it; (-) feeling useless, without purpose and unworthy.
Ivory bead (+) being assertive, standing up for one's beliefs; (-) aggression,
all or nothing attitude.
Black button (+) being receptive, intuition, looking within for answers; (-) codependency, being a doormat.
Wooden leaf (+) forgiveness, letting go that which no longer serves you; (-) living in the past, resentment, bad habits.
Shell (+) going with the flow, staying in the present moment; (-) resisting the ebb and flow of life, focusing on the past or the future.
Ladybug charm (+) being helpful, being a part of the solution, unselfish service; (-) being a part of the problem, ulterior motives, self-centeredness.
Feather charm (+) connection to Spirit, asking for Divine guidance, prayer and meditation; (-) being too busy or neglecting to work on your spiritual growth, refusing to ask for Divine guidance.

Many Blessings, Bodhran

Imagemaker

Cool! Another fascinating method, another toy! Thanks for the interesting post!

BodhiSeed

You're very welcome Imagemaker! You can actually use your own objects (you don't specifically have to use the ones I listed); just make sure you come up with a positive and negative meaning for each one. Thanks to Michaels and Hobby Lobby (craft stores) I had a blast deciding which ones to use for this divination.

Bodhran

Alisonxo

Thanks for posting all the meanings and such! It really helps a beginner (like me) to have something to start with.
Rad! ;)

Milfoil

Sounds very much like the flotsam & jetsam/junk oracles we have been making and reading with here on AT:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=134928&page=1&pp=50
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=136487&page=1&pp=50
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=147872

Does it sound the same or similar to you Bodhran? The only main difference I can see is that with the AT flotsam & jetsam oracles it was left up to us how we cast them. Personally I've been using a system like this for quite some time and generally use either a circle or a skin on the floor, even a circle divided into 4 (medicine wheel style) drawn into the dirt to read from.

It started with this idea back in 2005

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=38513

Which then grew to a fuller oracle a few years later. Each object I have means something specific to me according to where it was found, when, what was going on at that time, why I kept it, what it is, what it looks like, how it points to other things, how it falls, the groups they fall into, where they fall etc etc. These kinds of oracles can give amazingly indepth readings.

AJ

Have I told you lately I love your brain? :)