does anyone know which marseilles deck this is?

mythos

Looks like one of the Spanish Marseille decks - probably the reproduction of the 1736 Fournier Museum deck. Don't know what year my one was published, but I'd say in the late 1970's probably. Mind you, I've seen plenty of Spansih Marseille of this type on ebay and such places, so there is probably a reprint around

mythos :)

Rosanne

Hi Cyclamen- Look on the Two of Coins to see the makers name etc- that should help.~Rosanne

cyclamen

Wow - mythos, you were right - and Roseanne - thanks so much for the tip. Now I don't have to look at pictures of a marseilles deck online and wonder which one it is anymore...

OakDragon

It's likely a US Games reproduction. IIRC, all the decks on tarot.com are US Games decks.

Fulgour

Not U.S.Games, but...

Tarot Español
Heraclio Fournier

Price-wise it can 'easily' be found
under $10 USD... so shop around.

punchinella

Yes, it's Fournier's "Spanish", titles in Spanish & English, a gem of a deck--I absolutely love mine!

le pendu

EDIT: I've found this:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=28346
that answers many of my questions below. thanks.

Sorry to those of you who may not be used to my posts from the History section...

Does anyone know when this deck was created and what deck it is based off of??

When I first saw it I immediately thought Dodal/Payen.. many (but not all) of the cards are of that style... scalloped drape of the Chariot, fingers on the hanged man, full face on the Moon, caped figure on the World, fish hat on King of Coins... then I went to check my favorite "tell all" card, the Knight of Batons, and noticed that it uses the "Italian" (my wording) style on that card.. with the front of the horse clearly revealed and outlined, and the 4 petaled flower on the front.

This deck looks like a "modern" redrawing.. but what is it a redrawing of?

Thanks for any help,
robert

punchinella

We had that worked out last year I thought but I can't remember now. Hmmn, time to go searching . . .

Cerulean

Mytho's note agrees with a google keyword search on the 'original' deck name

1. Mythos said:
Looks like one of the Spanish Marseille decks - probably the reproduction of the 1736 Fournier Museum deck.

I saw this same description within the google search listings for the Ottone deck. No images yet.

I haven't seen the Ottone deck, nor really looked at the Spanish language modern Marseilles that U.S. Games puts out either.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
When I wrote in a thread of a deck (Neoclassical) being a 'cousin' of a Tarocco Piemontese, I was using Tarothermit (Tom Tadforlittle's) chart and designations:

Tarocco Piemontese (Piedmontese Tarot): minor modification of the Tarot de Marseille, used in the Piedmont and Liguria districts of Italy. 18th century to present (recent cards are double-headed). IT-1.2, IT-1.21, IT-1.211.

I believe Tarothermit's descriptions tallies with Andy Pollet's Playing card sistes.

Just to clarify in the posts that I am aware of on the Piedmontese Tarot.

Best regards,

Cerulean