Morgan Greer 8 of swords

Cascade

Today this card came up in a 2 card daily as my advice card. (10 rods my challenge). In the Morgan Greer, she is wearing a red gown cut very low in the front. She certainly isn't royalty. One sword stands in front, but almost makes an open doorway from the other side. I can't tell if those are mountains, or a castle, but they look ominous. This card carries all the meanings of the eight of swords, trapped by our selves, of our own choosing, but only for now.

I can't find any explanation for a wind so strong that it would be able to blow that long piece of hair right out of the blindfold. Where was that piece of hair when the blindfold was put on? What does that much wind mean?

When I pull the outcome card for this spread tonight, I'll see if I cut my bonds and if that was the right advice to interept it.

Reed

I'm not sure if I'm answering your query, but in looking at the card, I see the wind as an indication of freedom. She's not locked up in the ominous structure; she's outside. She's not tied to anything that would keep her from moving.

The wind is about her. The woman can't see the wind, but it's there.

The woman can't see the opening where the swords have her hemmed in, but it's there.

That ominous structure is behind her, but because she's blindfolded, she can't tell.

Looks like the ties that have her bound would fall off if she'd just relax her body a little . . .

autumn star

Reed said:
I'm not sure if I'm answering your query, but in looking at the card, I see the wind as an indication of freedom. She's not locked up in the ominous structure; she's outside. She's not tied to anything that would keep her from moving.

The wind is about her. The woman can't see the wind, but it's there.

The woman can't see the opening where the swords have her hemmed in, but it's there.

That ominous structure is behind her, but because she's blindfolded, she can't tell.

Looks like the ties that have her bound would fall off if she'd just relax her body a little . . .

I like your interpretation of the wind ... she is so trapped by her own fears that she is unaware of what's going on around her.

I really like this card in the Morgan Greer ... the imagery captures the card's meaning so well

Willa

I agree with Reed and Autumn Star, and would only like to add unlike the Major Arcana VIII this woman is controlled by fear. You feel helpless. you cannot see, and you cannot move. The situation is entirely of your own making. You made it therefore you can unmake it. You just need the courage to do so. Don't give in to a sense of helplessness. No not give up your power. Take control of your life. Do not let fear bind and blind you

autumn star

Willa said:
I agree with Reed and Autumn Star, and would only like to add unlike the Major Arcana VIII this woman is controlled by fear. You feel helpless. you cannot see, and you cannot move. The situation is entirely of your own making. You made it therefore you can unmake it. You just need the courage to do so. Don't give in to a sense of helplessness. No not give up your power. Take control of your life. Do not let fear bind and blind you

I like your interpretation Willa :)

When I used to get this card in my readings, I was in a situation exactly like the one that used have described here ... controlled by fear ... I think that the card depicts the situation so clearly.

Horace

Survivor Challenge

This is the story an imaginative 11yr old made up when she first saw my card:

'It could be like a 'Survivor' game.(new recess pasttime:)) She was held a prisoner in the castle for a long time. They told her she could go free if she could go through a maze of swords while blindfolded and tied up. They really tied her face up. And everytime she thinks she can't do it, another sword goes up. So she's stuck. She'd better hurry because there's only 2 chances left to cut the ropes."

I thought about this. 8's are strength. In the MG, the woman is standing firm against a large gust of wind. Like she's waiting for it to pass so she can go forward. Maybe she has allowed herself to be bound and blindfolded to prove something to herself about inner strength. Like Houdini. Or public speaking. or walking on hot coals. It isn't fear that keeps her bound. She's using the bindings to rid herself of the fear (of failure.) I would use these thoughts, perhaps, as a reversal? Hh

Grizabella

Something that jumped out at me about this card is that she's not just blindfolded---she's got that binding clear over her mouth and nose, too, so it would be hard, if not impossible, for her to breathe. Because of this, it reminds me of what an anxiety attack feels like---you feel as though you can't breathe and as if you're constricted around your chest, too. You can't find your way out of the attack, either, very easily.

Shaymus

In one spread I did, this card meant for me to not use my physical senses, but use my intuition to get out of the situation.

Shaymus