The UW Tiny Tarot deck.

Greywoolfe

I came across this little gem in Watkins' esoteric shop in London a few days ago. It's a Universal Waite deck in miniature; all 78 cards reduced down to about 2.5 cm in height, and the cards fit into a plastic key-fob box. Due to the nature of my job, I thought this would be a great way to carry a deck with me to work to do redings and meditations without getting my full-size decks damaged in any way.

Does anyone else have this deck, and if so, do you use it at all, or do you just have it as a tarot keepsake or curio?

shadowdancer

Hi there

I have had this deck - twice in fact and it was a nightmare.

The key fob is not that sturdy, and regularly came open when I didn't even know it was about to do so, strewing cards everywhere. Suffice to say if it happens in the open air the chance of regaining all the cards is slim.

This happened to both sets and I have long given up on even thinking of getting a third.

Yes, it is a nice idea, and is small enough to be very discreet. It is nice they fit all 78 cards in such a tight space. However, they are a pain to shuffle - in fact forget that, shuffling is impossible :)

I really did like the idea but the practicalitys of the deck and carrying system made me give up

Having said that I am a bit of a clutz so it could have been me, not the cards! :)

Davina

magela_earth

I have two of this deck. I originally got them because there were a few meditations I wanted to do that required the power of a specific card...and usually destroyed the card in the doing. I thought I'd keep one deck and slowly destroy the other (cringe, it sounds so awful).

Shuffling is a pain, and even spreading the cards out on a flat surface and just pushing them around is hard because they're so small they tend to flip over.

Still, they're fairly handy to have if you want to draw a single card here and there (just shuffle them at home at the beginning of the day) but I've found that the mini decks (I have a connoly) are small enough, but MUCH more usable.

Mine didn't come in a plastic box....but I always thought I'd shoved them into a draw string bag that was larger than they were and they would shuffle themselves around and I could draw one out. I guess you could even do a reading like that. I forgot I wanted to do that...must do that tonight, hehe.

MoreMagic

I use them - but not to read

I received this deck as a favor at a Halloween party a few years ago. I could never read with them - it was like trying to shuffle postage stamps, the cards are so small and flimsy and they stick together. Eventually, I pasted them into my tarot notebook, one per page, where they are a useful reference to my notes and reading record.

Emily

I've also posted about this little deck in the last few days. I'd forgotten I had one its sat for so long in my tarot bookshelf but I did find it out and have a play around with it.

Still the same, within a few minutes I was playing 78 card pick up lol but it did give me an idea, like magela_earth, of putting them in a small bag and picking them out for readings. It is too small to shuffle properly but this might work :)

Webwitch

I haven't used it yet - it may yet turn out to be my "anywhere" deck.

Cheers,
Webwitch :)

Alta

I also have two of these decks and sadly have given up trying to use them. Too small to handle, just can't use them properly at all.

I suggest the mini size of your deck. Still compact but a reasonable size.

Citrin

I agree with everyone else. Very cute deck/idea, but impossible to use! I just bought it because I couldn't find the Universal Waite anywhere, so the tiny version was my only option...

Silverlotus

I've had this deck for a few years now. The little plastic bit at the top where the keychain part connects to broke off mine almost right away, so it has been living at the bottom of my purse.

I've used the deck a few times, but as everyone else has said, it is exceptionally difficult to shuffle. I generally use the deck as a way to take a quick look at a card I've been thinking or reading about. It's very helpful in that way, especially in the middle of the day when you can't get home to look at a bigger deck.