Fuchite and Kunzite

sagewriter

Hi, I just bought this lovely stone, which is a mixture of Fuchite and Kunzite. I'm not sure of the properties of mixed stones, do they just have the properties of both stones, or is it something different?

Thanks for the help, I've attached a picture.

:)

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 78

DarkElectric

That is a beautiful stone!
It also resembles a zoisite with ruby. Those are darker green, sometimes streaked with black.
According to Melody (Love is in the Earth), mixed stones do indeed posess the properties of both. In many cases, the combination amplifies the properties, and produces wonderful effects.

lunes

I use a book called The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall it is an excellent source of information.
I will have a look and see what I can find for you.

Lunes

Nina*

I can't understand this should be kunzite, in fact I am pretty sure it isn't... I have never seen a kunzite that was that dark red and wasn't transparent either :confused:

Yes... it looks definitely more like ruby.

Nina

sagewriter

Ninamagic said:
I can't understand this should be kunzite, in fact I am pretty sure it isn't... I have never seen a kunzite that was that dark red and wasn't transparent either :confused:

Yes... it looks definitely more like ruby.

Nina

Yes I was surprised when I looked up Kunzite. But I have never known this store to lie before.
Looking at it, if you put a light on it, the red is slightly transparent.

I'm confused as well now! hehe!

wizzle

fuchite

I looked up fuchite in my gem (not metaphysical) handbook and it is green mica. Don't know if this helps or not. Mica is pretty easy to spot as it is distinctly layered.

BodhiSeed

My guess...

My guess would be zoisite with a ruby inclusion -- a very nice combination!
Here's what I have in my notebook for both of those:

Zoisite - transmutes negative energy to positive; assists in being oneself rather than conforming or being influenced by others; creativity; recovery from severe injury or stress; reduces inflammation; enhances trust in the universe.
Ruby - encourages a healthy passion for life; improves motivation; shield against psychic attack; abundance and wealth; courageous and positive state of mind; heightened awareness; benefits the heart.

Many Blessings,
Bodhran

sagewriter

thanks for the help everyone :)