I bought the instant tarot by:farber has anyone used it before

ben bailey

I bought the instant tarot by:farber-zerner has anyone used it before

i recently bought the instant tarot by farber . i am waiting on it to arrive in the mail and was woundering if anyone else had seen or used it before ?
thanks for your input

Logiatrix

Yes, I've had that set, and made use of it for quite a while.

The deck (the Zerner-Farber Tarot), IMO, is beautiful;
it's one of my favorite decks. Also, the book is very purple,
which I rather liked. ;)

The book makes doing a reading right out of the box very easy.
I've gifted to several friends who wanted to give tarot a try;
for a few, it is all they have ever needed to enjoy readings.

However, if you want to really learn how to read the cards,
I suggest you move on to other texts for serious study. You
will want to learn the card meanings independent of looking
them up all the time in the Instant Tarot Reader book,
or any other book. It also offers only the one layout; if you
want to delve further into tarot, you'll want to learn other
spreads.

It's a good investment, either way. It has plenty to teach you,
plus a very nice deck to take with you, should you choose to
journey further into tarot.
:)

ben bailey

thank you

thank you very much for your input ,,,i look forward to seeing them this week even more now....you said that i would want to study books and etc .... what kind of biooks should i check into as i want to develope my gift as best as i can with learning tarots and etc....
thanks again
ben

Grizabella

For me, learning tarot wasn't something that I did and then arrived at the end of it. It's a learning process that will continue probably for the rest of my life. It just gets better and better, richer and richer, the more I study and learn. It's a journey, not a destination for me.

If your Intant Tarot Reader isn't what you needed, there will be other books and other decks. Do what you can with it, let it take you as far as it can, and then take the next step forward to the next deck and/or book that your journey leads you to.

I've learned a whole, whole lot on AT and I recommend spending as much time as you can here, reading threads and interacting with other members. It's a gold mine of information.

Good luck and I look forward to sharing time with you on AT, which is a valued part of my tarot journey.

ben bailey

Thanks again for your reply's

what is your take as to the cards having hearts instead of cups and prince instead of knights and princess instead of page

tarobones

Enchanted or Zerner Farber

The ZernerFarber is a re-issue of the Enchanted Tarot. The Enchanted Tarot cards are larger with large white borders. Otherwise the images are exactly the same, with the ZernerFarber being a bit brighter, IMO. I found the book that accompanies the Enchanted Tarot much more helpful because it explains the images, which are quite beautiful. Each card has a full page color illustration, with another page describing the image in detail. If you are able, I would order the Enchanted Deck at some point because the book comes with it. It has sort of become our "family tarot" simply because I have 5 nieces who all read with it. Majority rules, :). Enjoy your deck and your tarot journey.........BB, Michael

tarobones

Hearts

The Hearts suit rather than the Cups suit didn't bother me. The deck reads the same in either case, it seems to me. The prince and princess is a choice several deck makers have made, and it seems to me that the adjustment is easily made. The princess is the page, and the prince is the knight. I found it took about 5 minutes to get used to that. Peace and blessings................Michael

ben bailey

thank you all very much

thank you all for all of your input on this i am so excited about getting my deck this week it's like christmas in august ...lol
blessings to all
thanks
ben