10 of Wands in the Secret Tarot

MareSaturni

Hi everybody!

I've always seen the 10 of wands as a card of victory, but also as a card that shows some kind of boredom/overload of things this 'victory' may bring (such as responsabilities etc.). Looking at the 10 of wands in the Secret Tarot (see it here), which is a deck i like a lot, i cannot see the overload...somewhat, it seems 'missing' to me, as if the image didn't speak the whole meaning. Just the 'good side', you know.

I wonder if anyone has any idea...maybe i'm not just seeing it there but it's obvious. Maybe this deck simply doesn't consider this meaning?

Some insights are more than welcome!

:TPW Yuko

Thirteen

It is a strange image--but I've found the Secret Tarot to be unconventional in many of its images. What we do have going for us here is the langid lady with the cigarette and skull. I don't think she's been doing any work. Which leads me to believe it may have been her partner...the skull...that put out all the energy.

That skull might well be the warning message of the card--you might feel such passion for someone that you want to do everything for them. But beware that you don't overload yourself, burn yourself out doing it. He succeeded, as we can see from her lovely home and her satisfied expression...but it killed him.

Does that work for you?

MareSaturni

Thirteen said:
It is a strange image--but I've found the Secret Tarot to be unconventional in many of its images. What we do have going for us here is the langid lady with the cigarette and skull. I don't think she's been doing any work. Which leads me to believe it may have been her partner...the skull...that put out all the energy.

That skull might well be the warning message of the card--you might feel such passion for someone that you want to do everything for them. But beware that you don't overload yourself, burn yourself out doing it. He succeeded, as we can see from her lovely home and her satisfied expression...but it killed him.

Does that work for you?

Wow...i hadn't thought about that. Incredible interpretation, Thirteen. I find also interesting in this card that, unlike all the other, the wands here are just a...part of background. Tapestry? Anyway, these are usually heavy things, hard to hang on the high castle's walls...but when the lady walked in the room, the work was all done.
Maybe her partner was the boss, the owner of that place...and he wanted it to be all perfect (for her?) and ended up wasting all his energy on it. And she...is just enjoying? When there's one obsessive hard-woker, some others tend to just 'be carried around'. That's very common in school, where one does the work and wants it perfect with the best grade, and the others just enjoy the ride..

Am i right? Or just saying nonsense :p

:TPW Yuko

PS. Ah yes, the Secret Tarot has an unusual way to show the meaning of some cards. The 4 of wands, for instance. I'll have to sit with the cards and study them well to see what's 'hidden' and 'secret' ;)

Thirteen

miss_yuko said:
Am i right? Or just saying nonsense
It's never nonsense if it feels right to you! ;) And you are right about those types who overwork at school--burning themselves out--while the rest just glide or goof off.