What is everybody's take on the Ms Cleo tarot deck?

Zephyros

Personally, I dislike the deck. It is looks too sketchy and amateur. However, I must say that I would get it if I saw it and it was for the right price. If only as a relic of notoriety:)

Who knows, it may be worth something some day as proof of a great scam:)

ben bailey

i can understand that

she seemed really good at first but it was not long until it went bad and the stories began to be told ..

lol
blessings to all
ben bailey

tarotbear

Actually, Lyric, the decks are less than a dime a dozen on eBay!

I owned several copies of the deck and the Delux Miss Cleo package with her video and book. I have never opened them but I have given many as gifts. Even at $1 a deck set, I find it's worth more as a curiousity and decided not to open mine. (I actually might get $2 a deck set someday!)

From what I have seen of the cards, the Egyptian-esque style of the cards does not really appeal to me.

Anyone ever watched the video? Dying to find out how it is! :smoker:

Little Baron

I must admit that I know little to nothing about Miss Cleo. I have heard the controversy about her but have never seen this deck before.

Actually, from that deck samples, they look quite pleasant and clear. They don't look as though they would be hard to work with. Quite like the simplicity of the pictures.

LB

ben bailey

i agree

the images of the deck look to be very clear and easy to learn and use but there is just something about it that i don't like can not put my fingure on it but i am new....i will find out what it is soon enough

blessings to all
ben

ben bailey

i agree

the images look very clear and easy to understand but there is just something about that deck that i just don't like , i cann't put by fingure on it but hey i am new , i am sure i will find out soon enough and i will let you all know when i do

blessings to all
ben

blackroseivy

Sorry, but those bright red claws on the female hands just turn me off!!! Not to mention the faux-Egyptienne theme to the whole thing. I find the art pretty dismal, to be absolutely honest. Have it, opened it, have yet to ever use it.

Annabelle

danubhe said:
Sorry, but those bright red claws on the female hands just turn me off!!! Not to mention the faux-Egyptienne theme to the whole thing. I find the art pretty dismal, to be absolutely honest. Have it, opened it, have yet to ever use it.
Danubhe, you've said exactly what I was thinking, too . . . those red claws are horrifying! I think the art is ugly, and the attempt it makes at an Egyptian theme fails miserably.

Even though I could easily get a copy . . . or heck, a few dozen copies . . . on eBay for next to nothing, I flat-out refuse to buy it.

ben bailey

thank you for the input

thank you all for your insight i really do have to learn how to study the art work on the cards...
blessings to all
ben

Rhiamon

I actually bought a dozen decks on ebay awhile ago to give as gifts and to give away to newcomers who cannot afford a deck. I have opened a copy for myself, and although they do seem cheaply made, they certainly aren't the worst deck I have seen. For the price, they are great for beginners :)