a couple of ?'s about some ecks i am interested in getting...all input is welcomed

ben bailey

Apologia del Libro de Thot Tarot (there was only 999 printed where could i find these)

Nefertari's Tarot (these from what i saw are all very green maybe to green)

Gothic Tarot(these grabbed my attention just alittle advise i am new)

Golden Tarot of the Renaissance(these cards would be great without the border)could i get them without it?

blessings to all
ben

Alta

Hi Ben,

Just as a start, did you know there is a Search Function in the Forums? Right at the top of the page. You can hit Advanced Search and restrict it to the tarot decks Forum, then enter the names of your decks... except the first one. I don't recall it ever being discussed.

Nefertari's tarot is golden. It just looks green on the scans because gold ink doesn't scan well.

You cannot order Golden tarot of the Renaissance without the border, it only comes one way. you can trim it yourself, if you like. There are several threads on trimming decks.

there have been several threads on the Gothic (all versions). If you mean the one by Vargo, there is even an active Study Group.

ben bailey

thanks

i did not know this i will do it now thanks very much

blessings to all
ben

ben bailey

i am still curious

i am still curious as to others input because some of the cards turned up really good results others nothing can you help me?

blessings to all
ben

Annabelle

Hi Ben,

Well, about the Apologia del Libro de Thot Tarot . . . all I know about that one is that when it occasionally shows up on eBay or elsewhere, it is very expensive. It's not an easily-available deck.

As for the others you asked about, Marion is quite right about the Golden Tarot of the Renaissance . . . you can't buy it without the borders, but you can trim it yourself. And there are lots of threads with tips on trimming decks if you are interested. I don't know anything at all about the Nefertari tarot, unfortunately.

The Gothic, if you mean the one by Joseph Vargo, is a great deck, one of my personal favorites. The cards are very high quality, and the art is consistently excellent throughout the whole deck. As Marion mentioned, there are a number of threads about this deck, including a study group. If you were thinking of the Gothic tarot by Wendell, I don't own it but I do think it is lovely in the scans I've seen of it. Either Gothic tarot is available pretty readily on eBay and elsewhere for a relatively low price. (For example, I've often seen the Vargo Gothic sell for about $13.)

Hope this helps,
Annabelle4

ben bailey

thank you

thank you very much as i am really interested in the one that i can not seem to find anywhere

blessing to all
ben

NightWing

Decks of Interest

Always pleased to offer opinions!

The Nefertari and Golden Ren. decks are both by the Italian publisher Lo Scarabeo, and both are visually attractive, and heavily accented with gold foil stamping as part of the design of each card. While each is a perfectly usable tarot deck, you would have to get used to substantially different symbols and imagery than that of a standard RWS deck. IMHO, Lo Scarabeo consistently produces tarot decks of high production quality. Whether the art style is appealing or the theme interests you is purely a personal matter. I'm pleased to own both of these decks.

If the Gothic deck you refer to is the one by Joseph Vargo, the art is very dark, and if you are into it, quite engaging. The entire deck is rather "otherworldly" and frankly not a place I would want to spend much time. One of the gargoyle-like beasts would have me for lunch, I'm sure! But as a world to visit thru the cards, illuminated in strange ways, it is a marvel. I have this deck in my collection too.

These are each fairly popular decks with a strong following, and have artistic strengths. But I would not suggest any of these three for a beginner. There are much better and easier decks to learn tarot on.

The "thoth" deck you mention is a variant I don't know enough about to comment on. Sorry. Best wishes in your search!