Erotic decks

gregory

la-luna said:
hmmm for some reason that sounds kinky

or is that just me ?
I couldn't possibly comment.

(but if the cap fits.... which sounds even worse....)

gregory

hedgecub said:
Put it on? Or was that put it out? :p
The forum has no place in the bedrooms of its members :smoker: })

truelighth

Shackles said:
I havent seen them, but I am certainly going to check them out. I have always wondered though... is there a Kama Sutra Tarot deck?

There is a Tantra Tarot. It is a German deck. I don't have it, so I can't comment on it.

As far as the subjec of Erotic Tarots, I got a few, but not as many as I thought I had:

Decameron Tarot
Tarot Erotica by Lori Walls (very nice one)
Sexual Tarot (b&w, as Gregory mentioned)
Erotica Tarot by Ylva Trollstierna (also b&w)
Skins Tarot by Shandra McNeill
Giardini di Priapo by Folchi (which is kinda weird, but funny)
Transwaite by Witta Jensen

I personally think the erotica by Lori Walls and the one by Ylva Trollstierna are very suitable for reading. More then the Casanova or Decameron. And the price for the most explicit deck surely goes to the Transwaite. It even beats the Priapo in my opinion. I don't mind the priapo much.. the only thing I don't like about it is is that the people look a bit weird in proportions (no, no big penises :) ).

gregory

truelighth said:
I don't mind the priapo much.. the only thing I don't like about it is is that the people look a bit weird in proportions (no, no big penises :) ).
Er - Strength looks pretty, um - er, well..... :| *embarrassed to have mentioned it*

Alissa

I once defended the Decameron here. It was being dismissed as a problem, and I find it one of my favorite decks. As you can see from the past, I feel strongly about this. :D

It is *not* a deck that everyone would like.

But if you like it, and I do, you may find others who simply can't deal with such overt sexuality regardless.

I definitely use mine, they are not one of my collector's decks. I almost exclusively use mine for self-readings, and find its images poetic and beautiful. As I said in the previous thread...
Alissa said:
This deck immediately challenged me to leave my RWS bias behind, and to look, really look, at each card and find out what it had to say – not just what my own preconceived notion of the card might dictate. It calls for a willingness upon the reader to use nudity and sexuality, in its many forms, as a symbol, an archetype that is universal in reach, and yet speaks to the larger issues that the Tarot itself addresses.

If you are going to use this deck, you have to be willing to "get beyond" the boinking and start seeing what is trying to be expressed. It's really hard for some to do that, and some never can (and I don't mean this as a superior thing, it's just cultural attitudes towards sex and sexuality).

Umbrae

The real name of the ‘Garden of Penises’ is Tarocco dei Giardini di Priapo.

The word Priapo does not translate to penis, either singular or plural. It translates to 'The Garden of Priapus'. Priapus is a fertility god, the protector of horticulture, viticulture, gardens, orchards, and domestic animals.

If one is offended by the acts depicted, a little research into how offenders of his charge were punished…

Though erotic, there is history also in the Tarocco dei Giardini di Priapo.

:smoker:

truelighth

gregory said:
Er - Strength looks pretty, um - er, well..... :| *embarrassed to have mentioned it*

Actually, I just meant in general. Hmm.. I haven't checked the Strength card in ages (or the whole deck). So maybe I will have to check again. But it still will be difficult to top the Justice from the Transwaite for me.. lol! Good thing that scans of the Transwaite don't show what you see when you hold those cards against the light! :)

gregory

I really have to come visit you, don't I ???