Emperor and Empress - together at last?

Sushi

I've had the Emperor and Empress coming up together in spreads for myself fairly often lately. Any ideas as to what this could mean?

noby

Well, those two represent polar energies which must come together for an act of creation to occur: the fertility of the female and the virility of the male. Perhaps this is an indication that you are on the brink of a creative period or enterprise, some kind of partnership, whether with another person or a certain energy. Or perhaps it's an indication that there is a potentially fruitful partnership available to you at the moment which you are not fully engaging, if at all. Or on another level, it may indicate some currently ongoing process in yourself in which two polar tendencies, traits, or energies are coming or trying to come into balance.

tarotbear

Your parents, maybe? In the POMO tarot they are called 'Mom' and 'Dad.'

Sushi

Parents? Possibly, for some, but not in my case. The polarity thing is a little too far out in left field for me. I have trouble thinking in that much of an abstract manner, so if that's it, I'll never know. Can't really fit in the partnership aspect either unless its someone who hasnt shown up yet.
Hmph, still stumped.

Imagemaker

It's hard to say without knowing something about what else is involved: positions, surrounding cards, are these 2 in the past or future, two separate pathways, don't/do, or warning/advice?

You could post one of your readings in the proper thread and get more specific interpretations.

tarobones

both in me

Reading for myself and seeing both Emperor and Empress in a reading I would look into my own soul. Both male and female energies are in all of us. Are they out of whack in my life? Am I not accepting some part of my personality? Why at this time?? perhaps there's something I'm missing? These questions would cause me to reflect, as do all the cards. I agree that we would need to know more about cards, positions, etc. in your particular case, but to my mind most important of all was your own hunches about it when you saw the pair dance into your reading. BB, Michael

noby

Sushi said:
I have trouble thinking in that much of an abstract manner

There's any other way think with the tarot? :eek: :confused: :eek:

In all seriousness, don't sell yourself short. You don't have to understand what it means on an intellectual level. It's just a matter of seeing it when it shows up, whatever "it" may be.