Reading for Sid - Inspired by Sulis

Little Baron

I just wanted to post this reading because I found it a useful exercise.

In another thread, Sulis mentioned that she read for herself, via a stuffed mouse. I did laugh when I read this but thinking for a minute or two afterwards, something clicked in my mind.

When I read for myself or someone that is not here with me, my mind goes all over the place and I find it difficult to focus properly - because there is nothing or nobody to direct these thoughts and feelings on to.

I wanted to ask a question this afternoon and rather than going down the usual pathway, I pulled out 'Sid'. I placed Sid infront of me with the cards and the following is what we came up with. No, it isn't the best reading in the world, but it is a lot more focused than usual. 'Sid' asked the questions and I answered them. Simple as that. My emotions did not spill out all over the floor like they sometimes do. I didn't feel a need to pull out any books. I kept it as simple as I could.

I don't know how to explain it really, but having the doll sitting there made a real difference. It kept my questions and answers on a comfortable level.

Here's the reading. Going to think some more about this as it has been quite hard to put into words. Used the RWS for this read.

Practice Readings for Sid

Sid is starting a new job tomorrow. It is only lasting for two weeks but he hopes that an opportunity will arise from working his hardest and making himself indispensable to the team he will be working for. He wants any advice or insight that can be gleaned from a three card spread.

LB: Sid, your cards are as follows - ‘8 of Wands’, ‘Temperance’ and the ‘King of Swords’.
‘Temperance’ stands in between the ‘8 of wands’ and the ‘King of Swords’. I think that being amongst these two energies, means that you are going to worked very hard for the two weeks that you spend in this employment. You may want to keep things balanced but you will become caught up with deadlines, a need to work fast and efficiently and take orders. Of course, this will also be work that you find stimulating and are passionate about. I think there will be a lot of multi-tasking involved.

Sid: Is the ‘King of Swords’ likely to be me or maybe, my boss?

LB: I feel, intuitively, that the ‘King of Swords’ is your boss - the person that will be giving verbal orders; the person that expects you to work well, be as passionate as her and also deliver the goods on time - if not before time! She delegates and at some times, she can seem a little cold and prickly. She is very driven but I feel that her sword points to justice - she will be fair if you work as hard as you are intending to. The birds in the background could suggest positive messages in the future. I think that ’Temperance’, generally, speaks about getting the balance and mixture right, but in this case, don’t take things too casually because she is keeping an eye on you!

Sid: That is interesting because we are friends as well as the fact that she will be my employer for a couple of weeks.

LB: Yes, but this is business, Sid. She expects results. She has a position to maintain in her court and company. Try not to let the friendship cloud the bare-bones of this work-related relationship. There is no time for emotions here. This is a professional exchange that is not necessarily equal, so approaching it from that of an emotional level and understanding of friendship may only lead to disappointment or even upset. There are no ‘cups’ in this reading - meaning no time for emotional links or needs. There is no ‘earth’ - the job is temporary for the moment and you are being paid very little; it is almost like a probationary period. It is up to you to try and plant seeds by the way in which you behave during this trial. What we do have is ‘air’ and ‘fire’. Use your mind and enthusiasm. Show willing and don’t waste the opportunities given.

Sid: Do you have any other advise?

LB: Intuitively, when I look at the ‘Temperance’ card, I notice the light shining in the background. It could represent ‘something on the horizon’. As you say, the company will be recruiting soon and you want to be in with a chance of employment. The angel stands with one foot in the water and another out. Show how flexible you can be; demonstrate skills that others may not have; show what a team player you are by mixing with the other people on the team, sharing knowledge and learning from what they tell you.

Thanks for reading, guys! LB

wizzle

thanks

thanks for sharing your reading LB. seems you got a lot out of the cards. and thanks to sulis for suggesting this approach. looks like i'll have to give it a try.

Little Baron

Oh, I did, Wizzle. I really did and you should give it a go. Of course, Sid is me, but having him there keeps a comfortable distance between the reading and my mind running all over the place, wondering whether it relates to this or that.

LB

iceclone

Hi Little Baron! Thanks for sending me this link... when I did a reading for my stuffed toy, I felt more objective. Like I can say whatever I want, and he wouldn't care... lol. It builds up confidence!