Your deck choice to the divine or spiritual qualities?

magpie9

Definatly Osho for me--and Shining Tribe when I can get past the art.(sigh) I have a couple of new decks that I sense may be very deep for me, but the results aren't in yet. :)

NightWing

Best Tarot for "Higher" Readings

I find myself going back to the Universal Waite a lot, but for matters psychological, from the very first reading after taking the deck from the box, the Egorov Tarot has been dead accurate. Odd thing, that.

I expect that the World Spirit Tarot and the Tarot of the Spirit (my, so much "spirit"!) will continue to grow on me in these areas, almost despite the names of the decks. I'm also sure that there are other decks that will do as well or better, that remain for me to discover.

Sophie

Ever since my trade with you, Cerulean, the deck that has most opened me spiritually has been the Haindl. I find myself responding to the art - wonderfully evocative in its mix of impressionism and solidity - to the myths, to the evocative expressions of the characters, and to the interlacing of sorrow and hope throughout the deck. The fact Haindl used different symbol-systems & philosophies & wove them seamlessly with each other and with the imagery of the cards, I find astonishing: it draws me further every time I work with the deck. Even the backs inspire me - that great eye, challenging me to turn inside, and then, from inside, lift myself above.

Rachel Nguyen

Weird, I know

The deck that seems to be the most spiritual for me is the the 1889 Oswald Wirth. Part of it is that the Hebrew letter assignments are different, so I have had to really meditate on the new arrangement and that has opened me up to all sorts of spiritual and religious exploration. (Death as Mem, in particular, resonated for me, having been baptized in the last couple of years....)

Love,
Rachel

prudence

Hi Cerulean,

very thoughtful question. I feel my Crystal Tarot connects me to the spiritual. For me, there is something deeply spiritual about this deck.

TheOld

i also agree with astrid, i got a cristal tarot and it's really spiritual, maybe the watter colors do that...

Love
Omeada

Sophie

Oh, the Crystal is wonderful! I am having my most profound experiences with the Haindl - but I don't forget the Crystal. This is partly for the same reason Rachel has given for the Wirth (wonderful deck - the 22 Majors, that is) - except that with the Crystal it is the elementary attributions that are different from the majority, and demanded of me to let go of preconceptions - to enter the deck imaginatively to a much greater degree, so feel the swords in water, with my mind; to follow the butterflies flying out of the cups, with my heart. In fact, I find the Crystal one of the decks that most stimulates my imagination. That's a spiritual adventure as well!

Satori

I agree about the Crystal. I really do. Mine is an older version, so is less bright than the clear colors I saw on Gardener's version. But still, you really must approach it without limits...

Satori

magpie9 said:
Definatly Osho for me--and Shining Tribe when I can get past the art.(sigh)

ROFLMAO
Mag this is the funniest respone to Shining Tribe I've yet seen.
You really need to get a Rock Art Tarot to cure the itch you have but can't fill with Shining Tribe.
I love Rachel's writing, but this deck, well, it still has yet to capture me.

earth en lady

For me it is definately The Dreampower by R J Stewart :)
edited to add ...... The Thoth is good too