Seen this deck? Help.

Eco74

Just a thought..

Occationally I've seen a deck on Tradera with a woodprint-back and the word "Tarot" written on the back.
Possibly, this could be a front view of that deck - which might make it a promotional copy of something. The brown border around the image seems to match the color of the back I recall, though I'm not entierly sure..

Lillie

noby said:
It looks to me like it could have been Photoshopped and self-made by the seller.

But there are two of them...

Or am I wrong?

And how come postage from Sweden to the UK is so expensive?
I don't know these things. I bought one deck, once, from America. Without a bank account it was really difficult. Never again!

Gregory. If you really wanted it, could you get someone in Sweden to get it for you, then post it on to you?
Would that work out cheaper?

gregory

The first pic is a card from the deck that the second pic shows all spread out.

Lillie - Swedish postage is expensive, end of story ! It isn't their fault - saxo (the store I was dealing with) did recommend I buy elsewhere because of this !!!!

Credit cards will do for the US - it's worth having one just for tarotgarden..... the amount UK banks and the PO charge for transfers and money orders is criminal. The easy way around it is to send via the on-line Western Union site, but as I recall it didn't work last time I wanted to send money to Sweden. I would probably send cash and pray a lot (or put an evil spell on the envelope that would only deactivate when it got to the right person :p)

Eco74

Second pic? I only see one on the link in the first post..

Anyhow, I emailed the seller who had no digital camera available so she couldn't send any more pictures. However she did tell me that it's designed by Midwave Productions AB (which is a shareholders-type-company).
This is also everything she knows about the deck so there doesn't seem to be any box, lwb or other info to go along with it.

I've been able to find very little information about the company other than that they've also produced a couple of books of the new-age-type.

Note on oversea-trading..
Buying things from across the pond has become so much easier since Paypal.
No mucking about with accountnumbers, no fretting about whether it's really safe to give out creditcardnumbers etc. Just a few clicks of the mouse, safe transfers of however much or little you want to send over..
There's always the shippingcost ofcourse, and customs-costs for some items that will infallibly up the price plenty. (A pair of flannells I got a few years ago came out very costly, but I do love them so well worth it nonetheless.)

gregory

Eco74 said:
Second pic? I only see one on the link in the first post..
Post 6. Several cards.

Eco74 said:
Note on oversea-trading..
Buying things from across the pond has become so much easier since Paypal.
No mucking about with accountnumbers, no fretting about whether it's really safe to give out creditcardnumbers etc. Just a few clicks of the mouse, safe transfers of however much or little you want to send over..
But this site doesn't say it accepts paypal.... If you know different (my Swedish is of the "two more coffees please, one black; where is the bookstore ?" variety) please do share !!! Bank transfers from here are a total rip-off; there is the on-line WU service, but it won't do everyone; trial and error is the only way to find out - and in the UK even the allegedly Europe-wide IPAS or whatever it's called costs the earth (I had to pay someone in Denmark this week, and.... Luckily they had a paypal account they keep secret and only use for people in the UK - as they were losing business otherwise !)

Eco74

gregory said:
Post 6. Several cards.
So there are.. How could I miss that?? Oh, never mind. I've seen them now..

Not artwork I'm thrilled about so I'll see if I decide to go for it or not.

gregory said:
But this site doesn't say it accepts paypal.... If you know different (my Swedish is of the "two more coffees please, one black; where is the bookstore ?" variety) please do share !!!
The auction site has a sort of payment agreement with something called Payson, a similar service to Paypal. They also allow registered users of the site to set paypal up as a payment option along side of direct payment to a bankaccount.

The site itself though doesn't really handle any of the payments, aside from the "secure Payson transfer" bit if I've read it all correctly.
It's rather up to the seller to give the option if s/he has a paypal account.