Numerology and decimal points?

rana_ian

Hi,

Does anyone know how to look at decimal points in numerology?
Does the decimal point get disregarded? Or, is there some other
way to approach?

0.1234 = 1?

=)

Rana

hedgecub

rana_ian said:
Does anyone know how to look at decimal points in numerology?

I'd always gotten the impression that numerology considers only the non-negative integers, and usually only the ones < 10 at that.
Personally, I'd recommend taking a slightly more mathematical approach if you want to consider decimal points. For example, consider that 0.1234 is 1234/10000; perhaps take whatever properties you would associate with the number 1234, but consider them to be extremely weak in this case. Also, note that e.g. 0.333... = 1/3, 0.142857142857... = 1/7; one can derive the properties of the decimal expansions by considering the properties of the numbers involved in the fraction.

zorya

this is just a gut feeling, with no basis in anything i've heard or read, so take it with a grain of salt. :D

i'd probably take a multi-level approach.

i might first look at the numbers as thought the decimal didn't exist, but also look at the numbers nearest the point as having special significance.

i also might question whether one side 'mirrors' the other. (i find myself doing this with a clock.)

you could analyze the numbers as one group on one side of the decimal and one group on the other, of course also interpreting the whole.

rana_ian

zorya, hedgecub,

good point hedgecub. whole number fractions seems to give a concise and consistent numerological reduction. If a decimal expansion doesn't terminate then the numerological reduction is constantly changing. So whole number fractions seem to give constant definition of a fractional reduction. For certain, decimal expansions and whole number fractions give different results. Suppose we're asked to interpret .25. Reducing the decimal expansion gives 7, or .7. Using the whole number fraction we have 1/4.

.25 = 7 or .25 = .7

1/4 = 1/4

We could do either decimal expansion reduction or whole number fraction reduciton. Suppose we're asked to interpret 1/9. Its just a matter of taste where we stop the decmal expansion.

.11 = 2
.11111 = 5

1/9 = 1/9

So does 1/9 reduce to any number we choose? That doesn't see appropriate. Whole number fractions gives a consistent approach. Then it becomes a question of meaning. What is the vibration of a fraction?

zorya, the mirroring approach to interpreting the fraction sounds good. 1/9, is the reciprocal, inverse, mirror, converse, compliment of 9. 1/9 * 9 = 1. I'm wanting to interpret 1/9 as the opposite of 9. Given any fraction 1/n, I'm wanting to treat the fraction as the oppositve of the meaning of n.

I'm then lead to the Egyptian Rhind papyrus. The Rhind papyrus is a 2/n table illustrating how 2/n is composed by unit fractions. For example, 2/5 = 1/3 + 1/15.

May we say the numerological vibration of 2/5 is the composite, inter-mingling vibration of two unit fractions? 2/5 = 1/3 + 1/6?

paradoxx

The multi-levelapproach mentioned is a good place to start:

assuming you don't break the numbers down to below 10:

.12 is one twelth of 100, less than one, it would need .88 to become whole. But then there are decimals w/whole numbers, 3.4 for example, 3 and 4/10ths which breaks down to 3 and 2/5ths.

If you can imagine a pie chart, you can see how the decimal and fractions (and percentiges) can work in numerology.

if you do break the numbers down below 10

take 12 and 4/5ths, 2+1=3

so at this point we can divide 4 by 5; if so we get .8

That means the the final output is 3.8 -- not quite 4. At this point I am going to say that this is equliviant to the RW style 4 of cups, with the 4th cup being handed to the youth and the youth being the 4th cups (luxury) by a mysterious hand, making things more complicated than the youth can deal with.

if you don't break down the numbers below 10, the final out put is 12.8, and 12 and 4/5ths, approaching the 13th numeroligical vibration (death/transformation in tarot).

You can also seperate teh decmials as a different vibration all together. 3.65 for example, the 3 is the whole vibration and the decimal of 6+5=11 (master number but breaking down to 1+1=2) as the enhancing or influential energy.

The real question is: what do decimals/fractions mean in numerology? They don't quite represent the singular 1 of idnetity, meaning that something needs to be added to establish the whole of the next number.

I too have wondered this (espeically with money) as I try to work with numerology each day