Traveling AT Member Deck ~Sign-Up~

Daizdy

Traveling AT Member Deck ~Sign-Up~CLOSED

[size=+1]SIGN-UP IS CLOSED​
[/size]

WOO HOO!!! Finally, The Fool's journey begins! The World Spirit deck has been generously donated by The Tarot Garden, thanks so much from all of us participating!

Please read the following carefully before signing up (and again periodically). Along the way better suggestions are offered to make it all faster, cheaper, and go more smoothly.

Threads

There are three threads dedicated to this project. The sign-up thread (where you are now), the journal thread and the Traveling AT Member Deck main thread. Please reserve the sign-up thread to only signing up and questions/concerns regarding sign-up and routing. All other comments/questions/concerns should be posted in the main thread.

The ongoing discussion thread, which is not a sticky, is here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=713041&posted=1#post713041

Requirements

A minimum of 50 posts. This is to deter ill-intentioned passers-by.

Donation

The person donating the deck has two options:

He/she can be the first to use the deck and sign it before sending it to the first person on the list.

He/she can ship it to the first person on the list and sign up him/her self to receive the deck at a later time.

Of course, that would be extra postage because you'd be shipping it twice, but that's up to you.

The List

There are actually two lists. One for North/South America and one for International participants. I'm routing North/South America and Cyclamen is routing the International once a week. Names on the list may be rearranged to better route the deck and to lower shipping costs. Sign-up will end when we've reached 65 participants.

Circulation

Since the deck is starting out in the United States, it will circulate among all participants in the United States before being shipped overseas. If the deck starts out overseas then it would circulate among all International participants before being shipped to the United States.

What To Do With The Deck Once You Have IT

Love it, touch it, hold it, squeeze it! :D Use it to do readings (especially for other AT members), sleep with it under your pillow, journal your readings, thoughts....do anything you want with it as long as it doesn't damage the deck or the good energy the participants are putting into it.

Try to plan your time with the deck to within three days if possible-- five days is the maximum.

Sign the back of your favorite card, preferably in black ink (it doesn't run or fade over time) and acid free if possible. In this case, only a small portion of the back of the World Spirit deck is white so you may need a pen made to write on dark surfaces. Please do not sign your name over or run into another's signature. Remember also that there will be many others signing, please be conscious of the size of your signature.

When you're ready to send "The Fool" on his way, pm the next recipient on the list to obtain their address. Please do not pass on their address to ANYONE. If someone other than the deckholder requests your address, don't give it them.

Journaling

For easy access and viewing, a sticky thread will be set up for the deck holder to journal their experience, their readings etc...

Please do not post comments to a journal entry in the journal. It's reserved for the deck holder only.

Comments on a journal entry should be posted in the thread, Traveling AT Member Deck

Time Limit

There is a time limit of five days. The day you receive the deck is counted as the first day. If you receive the deck on Monday, it needs to be in the mail on Friday (the fifth day) or earlier.We're all anxious to receive the deck and it will take alot of time to circulate through 65 participants.

Please be prompt in responding to the deckholder's pm requesting your address. Due to time constraints, the deckholder cannot wait more than a day or two to hear from you. A delay in responding could mean deleting your name and moving on to the next recipient.

Postage and International Shipping

Please be aware that, you, the deck holder, are responsible for postage and may also be the one who is responsible for shipping the deck overseas. If it turns out that you are the one who will be shipping the deck overseas, DON'T PANIC! We're all in this together and will help in whatever way we can. Jeannette is very knowledgeable on the subject and has offered to advise and answer any question one might have or at least steer you in the right direction. Just pm her or post your question in the thread, Traveling AT Member Deck. She has also provided a ton of information to make our shipping experience less stressful. It's post #51

Shipping Items to Travel With the Deck

Nothing can be shipped to travel with the deck. If you'd like to ship something with the deck for the next recipient to keep as a gift, then, that's fine but nothing will be sent on to travel with the deck. We simply cannot have anything traveling with it. Participants down the line could end up with a 40lb package on their hands to ship. Any object shipped to the next recipient, intended to travel with the deck will either be kept by the receiving recipient or sent back to the previous deckholder.

An Incentive

Participants who keep within the time frame for having the deck will be eligible to win a $75.00 gift certificate to The Tarot Garden.

Send me a message saying you have received the deck and tell me the date it was postmarked. If the previous deckholder has kept within the time limit, I’ll place an asterisk next to their name on the participant list in the sign-up thread. At the end of deck’s journey, a name will be drawn randomly from the eligible participants. The winner will receive the gift certificate. As an added incentive, message me the day you receive the deck AND the day you ship the deck to its next recipient and I will add your name again, for a total of two times.

Just To Reiterate Before You Sign up

*You are responsible for postage.
*You may be the one who is responsible for shipping the deck overseas.
*You will have to give your address to one member (the sender).
*You may only keep the deck for five days. If you don't have the time, then don't sign up.
*Keep within the five day time frame and message me with the dated postmark on the package to be eligible to win a $75 gift certificate to The Tarot Garden. Postmark must be on the fifth day or earlier to be eligible. By providing the date of the postmark and keeping within the five day timeframe you will get an asterisk next to your name on the sign-up list. If you message me the day you receive the deck AND the day you ship it out, then I'll place another asterisk next to your name on the sign-up list and your name will be added again for the drawing. A total of two times.

I cannot stress this enough, the importance time plays in this project. You are strongly urged to keep the deck for only a few days. If you are such a busy person that spending some quality time with the deck in just a few days is going to be a burden, then you might not want to sign up.

Still interested? When you post to sign up, please include city/state/country you're in if it isn't on your profile.

Let's get this "Fool" going! :D

~~~~~~North/South America~~~~~~~

Jeannette - Des Moines, IA, USA~~Deck contributor - Shpd 9/20/05
**MeeWah - Virginia Beach, VA, USA~~Rcvd 9/22/05 - Shpd 9/29/05
Rhiannon - Dale City, VA, USA~~Rcvd 10/1/05 - Shpd 10/10/05
**Rachelcat - Washington, DC, USA~~Rcvd 10/11/05 - Shpd 10/14/05
*Bleuivy - Washington, DC, USA~~Rcvd 10/15/05 - Shpd 10/21/05
RavensWing - Havertown, PA, USA~~Rcvd 10/27/05 - Shpd 11/12/05
**Squeakmo9 - Paterson, NJ, USA~~Rcvd 11/15/05 - Shpd 11/17/05
*tmgrl2 - Long Island, NY, USA~~Rcvd 11/19/05 - Shpd 11/23/05
*Cyclamen - Brockport, NY, USA~~Rcvd 11/28/05 - Shpd 12/02/05
*Librarycat - Chittenango, NY, USA~~Rcvd 12/05/05 - Shpd 12/08/05
Elf - Central MA, USA~~Rcvd 12/12/05 - Shpd 12/18/05
Contrascarpe - Spencer, MA, USA~~Rcvd 12/18/05 - 12/27/05
*Gardener - Spencer, MA, USA~~12/27/05 - 12/30/05
*Weaver - Dublin, NH, USA~~12/30/05 - 1/3/06
Startarot - Concord, NH, USA~~1/4/06 - 1/09/06
**Marion - Ottawa, Ontario, CN~~1/20/06 - 1/22/06
Mercenary30 - Grand Rapids, MI, USA~~2/4/06 - 2/10/06
**Chronata - Williams Bay, WI, USA~~2/13/06 - 2/16/06
*Melvis - Minneapolis, MN, USA~~2/21/06 - 2/24/06
*Raeanne - Ankeny, IA, USA~~2/28/06 - 3/03/06
Ace - Chicago, IL, USA~~3/06/06 - 3/14/06
Cricket - Heber Springs, AR, USA~~Passed
TaranRavenfrost - Seminole, FL~~Passed
**Calligirl - Toney, AL, USA~~3/16/06 - 3/20/06
**Annabelle4 - Bryan, TX, USA~~3/24/06 - 3/27/06
**Magpie9 - Albuquerque, NM, USA~~3/30/06 - 4/3/06
**Alissa - Albuquerque, NM, USA~~4/3/06 - 4/7/06
Daizdy - Salt Lake City, UT, USA~~4/10/06 - 4/14/06
SilverKitten - Priest River, ID, USA~~5/2/06 - 5/9/06
Umbrae - Seattle, WA, USA~~5/11/06 - 5/19/06
Okieinalaska - Juneau, AK, USA~~Passed
**Shade - San Jose, CA, USA~~4/19/06 - 4/24/06
Sunflower - Los Angeles, CA, USA~~Passed
**Tk2dsky - Fountain Valley, CA, USA~~4/26/06 - 4/29/06
**Flavio - Mexico City, Mexico, N America~~6/14/06 - 6/16/06
Aaquwaa - Campeche, Mexico, N America~~passed
Clau - Santiago, Chile, S America~~5/27/06 - 6/1/06

~~~~~~~~~~International~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~New Zealand~~~~~~~~~~

**Mooncat - Huntly, New Zealand~~6/24/06 - 6/28/06

~~~~~~~~~~~Australia~~~~~~~~~~~~

*jmd - Melbourne, Australia~~7/3/06 - 7/7/06
**Elven - New South Wales, Australia~~7/13/06 - 7/17/06
Emeraldgirl - Melbourne, Australia~~passed
**Similia - QLD, Brisbane, Australia~~7/19/06 - 7/23/06
Solandia - QLD, Brisbane, Australia~~8/2/06 - 8/9/06
**CreativeFire - QLD, Brisbane, Australia~~7/25/06 - 7/29/06
*Rabble - QLD, Brisbane, Australia~~7/29/06 - 8/2/06

~~~~~~~~~~~~Europe~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tarotqueen - Trondheim, Norway~~passed
Baba-Prague - Prague, Czech~~8/17/06 - 8/22/06
Helvetica - Geneva, Switzerland~~9/2/06 - 9/6/06
**Simone - Luxembourg, Luxembourg~~9/11/06 - 9/15/06
*Dwaas - Netherlands~~ 9/21/06 - 9/25/06
Athara - Ridderkerk, Netherlands - passed

~~~~~~~~~~~UK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CharmingPixie - Liverpool, England - no longer around
**Sulis - Nottingham, England~~10/2/06 - 10/05/06
**Caridwen - Essex, England~~10/07/06 - 10/11/06
**Huredriel - Essex, England~~10/12/06 - 10/16/06
SunShineLuvr - Essex, England~~Passed
**Netzach - Sussex, England~~10/17/06 - 10/21/06
**Moonbow - Southampton, England~~10/23/06 - 10/27/06
**Kiama - Cardiff, Wales~~10/28/06 - 10/31/06
**Gregory - Northumberland, England~~11/1/06 - 11/6/06

MeeWah

((((((Daizdy)))))) Thanks very much for the comprehensive explanation & for the time invested in its conception!

I am signing up from: Virginia Beach, Virginia. U.S.A.

cricket

Me too!

Heber Springs, Arkansas, US

OakDragon

Me 3! :D

San Jose, California, USA

bleuivy

I'd like to sign up as well! :D

I'm in England at the moment, but am moving to Washington, DC in two weeks, so consider me signing up from there.

Thanks so much Daizdy for getting the ball rolling on this! I can't wait to hear about the deck's travels. :)

tarobones

Signing Up

I'm signing up from Chicago IL...........................Michael

Annabelle

Count me in too, please :).

I'm in Bryan, Texas, U.S.

Sophie

I'm game! I'm in Geneva...guess I'll have to be patient :D

Great idea to circulate the World Spirit! Thanks Jeannette & Dan - and Daizdy for getting the travelling Fool's show on the road :*

Sophie x

rachelcat

I'm in! Another from Washington, DC.

Simone

I'm in :D

Looking forward to it - however long it takes :)