Traveling AT Member Deck ~ Journal ~

Sulis

It's arrived

Well the deck arrived yesterday morning.

Unfortunately I was too busy to actually sit down and peruse it so I waited till the children were in bed then I opened the parcel.

The deck is in a beautiful oriental bag and Simone had also included some incense papers and an amonyte fossil which is just gorgeous (thanks Simone).

I left the deck on my altar overnight as I want to look through it when I really have the time.

I've briefly been through the cards this morning... It's lovely to see all the signatures and interesting to see who has chosen what card.

I know which one I'm going to sign straight away, the Three of Cups is one of my favourite cards in any deck and it hasn't been chosen yet so it's mine :D

I'm hopefully going to be able to do a reading with it tomorrow before sending it on on Thursday.

Sulis

I've still not had much time to play with this deck but I have enjoyed looking through the cards... It's definitely a deck filled with the energy of it's travels.

It's my sons' 16th birthday today and he pulled a card from the deck.

The card he pulled was the 6 of Wands - what a lovely card to get on your birthday... A crowd gathers and cheers as one of their own returns home, victorious. Where has he been? What has he been doing?
He doesn't look like he's been away fighting in a war, rather he looks as if he's been on a journey, he holds a flaming torch which reminds me of the Olympic torch.. maybe he's a successful athlete.
This card speaks of reaching goals and of being successful to the point of being able to show others what you can do and what you're capable of.
It shows someone experiencing joy at their achievments and sharing that joy with others.

As the spiritual or energetic aspect of The Lovers this card also speaks of choices and of the relationships we make with others - very appropriate I think for someone just turning 16 - Joe is going to have to make a lot of choices this year and he's probably just starting out on the road to independence - another theme of The Lovers.

I'm planning to post the deck onto Caridwen tomorrow :D

Sulis

I pulled a card for today before packing the deck up and sending it off to Caridwen this morning.

The card I pulled was 3 of Pentacles.

A lady artist shows her work to someone.. she holds up a book with beautiful, colourful pentacle designs in it.

I have a reading to do today so this card immediately made me think of that - bringing elements together to create something new.
The image of the card made me think of something else too.
It's 'parent's evening' today at my daughter's school. She's only been there a few weeks so it's our first chance to meet her teacher and discover how she's been getting on.
She seems to be settling in really well.
My daughter loves showing us her work, especially the pictures she's drawn and the stories she's written so I'm sure she'll be a little like the lady in the card today, proudly holding up her work for us to admire.

I've thoroughly enjoyed being part of this project.

I already have a copy of The World Spirit Tarot although I think that mine is quite a bit more bashed up than the travelling deck.

This travelling deck definitely has a magical feel to it, especially with all the signatures from all around the world.

Thank you Daizdy for starting this truly wonderful venture :D I'm very honoured to be part of it.

caridwen

Day One - 07/10/06
Received the deck today and was delighted to find a hag stone and some incense from Sulis (thank you:) ) I was working all day but managed to look through all the cards before I left for work and during my lunch break and it felt amazing to be part of this. The experience is like a unifying web with all these familiar names and where they're from. It's lovely to know that each person handled the deck and it is well worn and easy to work with. I was also interested in the card each person chose and tried to match what I knew of them with the card. Unfortunately the ones I would have chosen first have gone so I'm going to choose the Sun card:D

I have already done several readings with the deck and find the images interesting and insightful. I have a couple of longer readings already lined up for others here on AT so I will spend the weekend looking more closely at the iconography and doing readings for myself and others.:)

caridwen

Day Two - 08/10/06
I have been reading with the cards for a couple of hours and examining the pictures, absorbing their energy. I did a reading for myself:

My message from the World Spririt for today: The Hermit

I always have difficulty deciphering what the Hermit means. This one shows someone wearing a blue velvet cloak coming down from a mountain, there is a crescent moon over her head and she holds her hand around a star. She reminds me of the Virgin Mary and Nietzsche's Zarathustra. A rabbit faces her near her feet but she doesn't seem to notice as she turns the other way as though she has been startled by something. Her cloak is tied under the neck with what looks like a Dagaz rune symbol.

It looks as though a long pause in my life is coming to an end and I finally have the answers I was seeking. This card is telling me that's it's time to move on, that there is new life and ways ahead. I must let go of the old thoughts and patterns and bravely embrace the new. She points to a star signaling hope in the distance should I carry on down the mountain and the Dagaz symbol is particularly hopeful showing a new day dawning.

I am doing a longer reading later for an AT member which I will post here as well:)

caridwen

Day Three - 09/10/06
I have done a longer reading for an AT member which can be viewed (with their permission) here

I am also doing other readings via pm and enjoying using the deck although it is not one I will buy even though it was on my wish list for some time.

What message does the World Spirit have for me today?

Not so great I'm afraid as it's the Five of Pentacles

This card shows a figure huddled at the top of church steps, amongst the snow whilst a warm light glows from inside and a silhouette stands at the door unseen by the person outside. The snow has been swept from the steps to make easier passage no doubt for visitors. The 'beggar' for want of a better word, has his arms folded over himself like a swan sheltering for the night. It's not certain if the person at the door is coming over to open it or is merely passing. There is a single footprint in the snow even though the beggar has two feet. I wonder if that is to emphasise their aloneness. It's a scene reminiscent of Anderson's' Little Match Girl. The beggar could have just been told to go away and the door may have been bolted against them.

I was in a good mood this morning but now feel very sad - I wonder if this is a message regarding my finances rather than physical as I don't feel particularly lonely but I have yet to see what the day brings...

caridwen

Day Four 10/10/06
I slept with the Sun card under my pillow last night hoping to banish the cold of the Five of Pentacles but alas! It did not work and my card for today is the Five of Pentacles...:(

This card obviously has a message I am not getting so I may have to do a longer reading around it to work out what it is trying to tell me.

I lay down the Five of Pentacles and asked these questions:

1 - This is what the card means - Sage of Cups

Interesting. This card calls for the seeker to 'open themselves up' to parts of themselves that need expression. The Five shows me in front of a closed door but maybe it shows two parts of myself separated. The one inside the door and the other left out in the cold, that I am somehow neglecting a part of myself. That I must administer to myself and my needs first and foremost in order to bring about unity. (expressed later in the Universe card)

2 - This is what the card does not mean - Eight of Wands

This will not be a speedy process but will take time, it cannot be rushed.

3 - Added Insight - Seven of Wands

Barriers - again exemplifying the message of the Five of Pentacles. I am divided not only from myself with self imposed barriers but also from others. Which leads inevitably to the feelings of the Five of Pentacles, and those feelings are self imposed. The alienation of self by self.

4 - Guidance - The Universe

A call to unify and heal the self, to make oneself whole again. To join in the unifying dance of the universe.

caridwen

Day 5 - 11/10/06
My last day with the deck alas only amounted to a hurried shuffle for a last card before I posted it on.

I asked the deck what was it's last message to me and the card was Seven of Cups

The dude in the card looks very chilled out:p He sits with his dog comfortably asleep beside him and dreams many dreams. Some are fantastical like winged horses and fairies and others more down to earth like money. This card usually marks the line between wishful thinking and practicality, of actually doing instead of wishing. Although sometimes it's nice to just dream, no?;) :D

It was wonderful to be a part of this, thanks to all who arranged it:)

huredriel

Day 1 - Thu 12 Oct 2006
Woo hooooo ..... arrived into work (very grumpy after a late night) to find the deck has arrived....... am now a very happy bunny :).

Had a good look through all of the cards ..... wonderful to see who has already signed it, and which cards they chose. Wondering which one to sign ...... was going to go for my soul & personality card (Lovers) but saw that Similia and Meewah have already signed that one ....... and then I saw it ...... one I would never have expected to sign :eek: ....... the 2 of swords!!! A martial artist standing in shiko dachi (though I have to say his stance is a bit off, one foot is out of alignment ;)) ..... blindfolded with two swords ..... and a bunny rabbit on his left hand side!! So those who know me, know I had to pick that one :D

Picked a card for how my day is going to go today and got
Seer of Pentacles. Hmmm seems somewhat pensive ..... though I love the flowers curling up the leg ..... and the goat means something to me too ....... waiting for a possible cappy to get in touch maybe! Shall have to study the card over lunchtime :)

Hmmm goats are very stubborn aren't they!!!

Decided to offer up some quick one-liner kind of readings whilst am at work. Thread here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=68095

Also have to say Caridwen included a wonderful handmade rune for me ...... perfect timing since I recently got the Haindl Oracle :) ..... and it is now accompanying my rose and clear quartz crystals that travel everywhere with me .... thanks Cari :angel: :love:

huredriel

Day 2 - Fri 13 Oct 2006
Well what a well-behaved deck I have to say, must be all that lovely AT energy it has absorbed since it's journey began ;) ..... really enjoyed the readings I did whilst at work ........ since I've been doing some readings by pm which have felt rather *deep* .... and which I enjoy ..... these have felt a lot lighter and more *fun* :)

I didn't have the chance to use the deck last night and I doubt I will tonight either ...... so doing some more quick readings whilst at work. Had hoped to spend all weekend with the deck, but am now working tomorrow from early til late afternoon *pouts* ....... still, I'm sure my friends tomorrow will enjoy looking through this deck.

Have drawn a card for me for today ..... and got :eek: Ten of Swords :eek: ..... first *bad* card to be drawn from this deck ........ hmm best keep my eyes open in case someone tries to knife me eh!!! Mind, at least it's not directed to my back :D Actually I think I know what this relates to, and it's a very apt card ...... sometimes endings can bring such sweet relief, most especially those that have weighed on the mind for a long time ;)

You know, I think this one is gonna have to be added to my wishlist when it travels on ...... and I was so sure I wasn't going to like it *shakes head* ...... I'm such a tarot slut :D:D:D :smoker: