Reading for Hurricane Rita

Imagemaker

Per Bladeraven's request, I'm posting the reading I did for Hurricane Rita. I only pulled two cards with the question: what will Rita bring? I wasn't expecting any good answers, and got (RWS deck):

Star (rev) and 6 cups (rev)

I just see "upset" here, and did not want or need to know more at this moment.

There's been comments that this has significance in relation to the hurricane that hit Galveston 105 years ago. I invite all comments!

WhiteRaven

As I stated in the other thread....I'm looking at imagery here.
I see the Star....if reversed....where is the water going to go if upside down....so to me this is an indication that the water is coming from the sky....could be the rainfall.....or from the sea..to the air and then landing again on the earth as in a tidal wave type of thing.....the 6 of Cups reversed is all the contents inside the cups are being dumped out....onto the earth. This is where I got my interp from that I posted in the other thread. I guess an intuitive reading....not going by any particular meaning other than things are quite upside down.

bladeraven

Imagemaker said:
Per Bladeraven's request, I'm posting the reading I did for Hurricane Rita. I only pulled two cards with the question: what will Rita bring? I wasn't expecting any good answers, and got (RWS deck):

Star (rev) and 6 cups (rev)

I just see "upset" here, and did not want or need to know more at this moment.

There's been comments that this has significance in relation to the hurricane that hit Galveston 105 years ago. I invite all comments!

Still looking up to see if I can find out if it was high tide then and/or full moon; My hands are shaking right now..so can't really pull cards..lol..yes I'm leaving...rcb will definetely have that confirmed

Annabelle

Yes, I agree with the interpretations by ImageMaker and WhiteRaven. I see instability here, and a lot of water. I don't see any specific details suggested by these cards, though . . .

bladeraven

what spread could be use and whose brave to do the spread?? lol..I would but I know I will be VERY bias right now.

WhiteRaven

bladeraven said:
what spread could be use and whose brave to do the spread?? lol..I would but I know I will be VERY bias right now.

I'm sorry Bladey......but you're a emotional mess right now and I wouldn't try and pull any cards in that kind of emotional state dear.

Breatheeeeee.........you need to keep centered for Grasshopper....and for yourself.

bladeraven

WhiteRaven said:
I'm sorry Bladey......but you're a emotional mess right now and I wouldn't try and pull any cards in that kind of emotional state dear.

Breatheeeeee.........you need to keep centered for Grasshopper....and for yourself.

*hugs* don't worry...I'm not..well..okay..I did post a thread with a loose 5 card spread..and my hands were shaking as I tried to type it..it could be all wrong for all I know...letting jacob enjoy breakfast and then it's going to be packing time.

Sophie

Star Rx looks bad...a lot of water! But perhaps, also, hope is being stifled by the memory of Galveston 1905 & the fresh memory of Katrina.

6 of Cups Rx. I'm going against common consensus here - what if it means: it will not be like the past, like Galveston 1905 ? That doesn't necessarily mean good things, of course - there are many ways a hurricane can be destructive.

But the water is prominent. I drew another card to be sure - what kind of destruction, if any, will Rita bring? XX-Judgement. Lots of people floating on boats. But perhaps, also, an opportunity to do better than in the response to Katrina? - a "new departure"?

Not sure. Be safe, guys. Get out of the area!

bladeraven

Interesting about the water aspect....those with boats are definetely best suited....my area will be gone due to flood...I'm on the 2nd story and expecting water to be up to that...

PlatinumDove

True to form, let's see what a 4 card reading will say about Rita (Hanson Roberts deck):

What is out in the open: 8/Wands
What is hidden: Page/Cups
What should be held on to: Queen/Wands
What should be let go of: Queen/Cups

Elementally: Equal amounts of fire and water, not two elements that particularly like one another.

What is out in the open: 8/W: its coming fast. Its so much faster than Katrina, and thank the gods. It isn't sitting there, meandering, not making up its mind where to go. Rita looks like she knows where she wants to go and she's headed there like an arrow. I was hoping she'd come fast so she wouldn't have time to strengthen, but, she's already a Cat 4, predicted to be as bad as Katrina.

What is hidden: Page/C: in the Hanson Roberts deck, there's a huge wave that's about to come crashing to shore behind the page. Perhaps the surge will be worse than predicted. Full Moon was last weekend, but I don't know if high tide or low tide will be at the time she comes barrelling through.

What should be held onto: Queen/W: This queen looks sunny and optimistic and confident. Perhaps this is the attitude we should take, instead of one of doom and gloom, remembering Katrina.

What should be let go of: Queen/C: a dreamy attitude, not paying attention to how bad it really is, perhaps not paying attention to past mistakes that happened in Katrina.