try napaea's past life spread...

napaea

Hey! I would love for some people to try this spread and let me know how it works out for you.

You know how when you read for someone else, your all into it, but when you read for yourself you look at the card and immediately go "yeah yeah, i know what THAT'S saying" as soon as you see it? Well, when I read for others I always use a "safe" spread, one I've used a lot. When I read for me I make up spreads all the time.

So this one has worked for me really well each time I've used it, but I don't know if that's cuz I know me too well, or cuz the spread is useable. Please try it and let me know how it does for you! T'anks!

| 1 |-------------------------| 7 |
--------------| 4 |
-------| 3 |-----------| 5 |-------------

| 2 |-------------------------| 6 |

1. Present life issue you are dealing with
2. Past life issue you are still confronted with
3. How the past life is affecting you today
4. Lesson your soul wants to learn
5. Patterns that connect these lives
6. What is needed to learn this lesson
7. What to look forward to when lesson is learned

Now, I have to say, I like the layout so I thought it might work for other than past lives. So today I tried to do a "spirituality" spread, where #2 becames " what is the underlying spiritual lesson" etc. Didn't work. # 3,4 & 5 all showed up as past lives that I know I've had. so try it for other comparitive issues to, if you want, and let me know if it lets you!

blessings all, and Happy Summer Solstice!!
:* :THP

napaea

okay, that sucks. it totally doesn't look like it should. :mad:

ummm, it should end up looking like a "W".
There are 4 lines, if it were on notebook paper

1 & 7 are on same line with lots of space between em
4 is sort of in the middle of those two but one line lower
below that line is 3 & 5, which sort of straddle 4, but on the next line lower
2 is directly under 1 and 6 under 7 on the fourth line

dam***, does this make any sense? well, all you computer wizards can pm me and straighten me out.
sheesh!
:THP

aeonx

napaea, I really like your spread!
I wish I had time to try it out properly, but alas! :( I'm leaving to Thailand soon, but hey! Maybe I can do it in Thailand. Just have to copy it to my collection. :)

Thanks for sharing.

~aeonx~

Emily

Hi napaea,

I like your spread too, I don't think I've seen one quite like it before, so I've printed out and will be trying it in the next few days or so, I'll let you know how I get on with it :)

tigerlily

I had no trouble seeing the W-shaped design of your spread, so don't worry... and of course I had to try it out. It's avery good spread, very clear answers. This one's definitely a keeper! Thank you, napaea.

Here's what I got (I used the Old English - it's becoming my past lives deck <g>):

1: This life's issue: The Hermit

Spot on. I live a very introverted life, I'm shy around other people (in real life - internet's different), I feel often overwhelmed by the fierce competition going on "outside" and I shy away from a commited relationship. That's probably more than anybody wanted to know about me LOL

2: Past life's issue I'm still confronted with: Justice

Since I don't have memories of past lives (how I envy you!), I don't know what went on then - but it's true that Justice (and the lack thereof) *is* a major issue in my life, from childhood on. I never could stand injustice and I would often be the only one to stand up to protest, defend others or myself.

3: How it influences my present life: King of Batons (Wands):

I guess this card means that I expect too much of others and myself, set unreasonably high ethical standards. Which is true ;)

4: Lesson to be learned: 10 of Cups:

Since this is the family card, I see it as learning to be part of a group and to experience the joy and emotional fulfillment tha comes from being appreciated by other members of the group. To give up the hermit, basically.

5: Patterns that connect past and present life: 7 of Batons (Wands)

Classical "me against them" scenario, the lonely fighter (for justice), cornered and outnubered, but still heroically fighting the good fight... A lack of allies, too - I have to do it myself to get it done right.

6: What quality is needed to learn the lesson of position 4: The Devil

A good dose of humor and playfulness is needed - not taking everyone and everything so seriously. Also, to acknowledge the flawed human nature; it's natural to screw up sometimes.

7: The reward if the lesson is learned: The Wheel of Fortune

I'll no longer have to fight upstream - instead, I'll just go with the flow and everything will come with more ease to me.

Any additional thoughts are welcome!

starfish66

Napaea -

I did this spread for myself and was pleasantly surprised with the results :)

I used my Robin Wood deck:

1). :TKC King of Cups (Present Life I'm dealing with)
Using authority fairly in this life - justice, honor, understanding, intelligence and intelligent action.

2). :T8C Eight of Cups (Past Life issue I'm still confronted with)
Being overly cautious about getting what I want (I need to learn to "Seize The Day!" - this is soooooo totally dead-on about me). Maybe I was previously disappointed in love.

3). :TFOOL The Fool (How my past life is affecting me today)
By being overly cautious, I'm making unavoidable mistakes due to my own over-cautiousness. I need to begin my progress towards spiritual self-enlightment (I'm on the path now!) - ahead of me will be a choice of the greatest importance; I just need to use my head, stop being timid/cautious and take a leap of faith! I feel this is a good place for this card because it's telling me to seek fulfillment and gain experience.

4). :TQC Queen of Cups (Lesson my Soul wants me to learn)
Be a loving wife, good mom and devoted friend. By being less cautious, I will open myself up for emotional security, feeling safe and secure.

5). :T6W 6 of Wands (Patterns that connect these lives)
??? (I see this card as being triumphant and having great expectations but am confused as to how it connects my lives)

6). :T6S 6 of Swords (What is needed to learn this lesson)
A Journey, person or message will change the way I open myself up for new/uncertain things. I will slowly move away from my old way (over-caution) to the new (open to new ideas, people, circumstances, etc.). I will move to a higher state of consciousness.

7). :TQW Queen of Wands (What to look forward to when lesson is learned)
I'll become more generous and loving; with more security (financial even - that would be lovely ;)) Gaining energy, passion and becoming more active - in life!

I am confused about #5 - can anybody help me clear it up?

Thanks for sharing your spread.

:THERM Starfish

starfish66

Tigerlily -

I think you're interpretation of your spread is dead on! BTW, great spread. It definitely sounds like you are improving yourself in this life - which is the correct path to be going down!

napaea

Tigerlilly: So glad you got the chance to try it. I'm glad it made sense too! Actually, I went to a psychic once who did a past life reading on me. She was like, "in this past life you did this which is why you now struggle with.....". It was so creepily dead on.
I knew I had a bunch of irrational phobias or hangups and didn't know why, and everything she said made so much sense. Even down to why I wear the kind of clothes I wear, or why I hate organ music! kookie. So I have the benefit of being familiar with a couple of past issues/lives.

Thanks for trying the spread, I love talking about reincarnation with people!!!!!!!! Keep me posted if you learn more cool stuff about your previous you!

napaea

napaea

Starfish:
I'm going to look at your K of Cups, 8 of Cups and 6 Wands today... the only thing that comes to me right now, is that maybe you were a figure of some authority in that life.

As the 6 of wands suggests, maybe in that life you were very courageous and successful in ... say war. But perhaps the cost of your many victories was the lives of alot of your men. That would make you more cautious in this life of getting what you want, and make you afraid to "seize the day" for fear that it would cost someone else something.

So maybe the 6 Wands is saying, you can be successful in this life, you just have to learn to balance the lessons of power in the King Cups.

I don't know, just thinking out loud. Maybe someone else can offer some thoughts too.

I don't have your deck... did the cards you drew give any feel or indication of where or when you might have been in that life?

napaea

starfish66

napaea said:
I don't have your deck... did the cards you drew give any feel or indication of where or when you might have been in that life?

Unfortunately, no. I'm thinking of trying my hand on a clarifying spread of this spread. I haven't touched the deck and the spread is still on my coffee table. May have to ponder this a bit more.