Which mini deck would you use....

HearthCricket

Visconti and Hanson Roberts would look pretty together, too!

Cerulean

hm...hanging without holes..

Would plastic acetate cut into squares the same size as the cards...and those funny little picture corners you might glue on corners of the acetate to hold the card into place, so it looks like a tiny mini frame...

Maybe cut up a postcard or scraps of Xmas paper and ribbon and experiment...cutting up the plastic acetate might be just be so much extra work...maybe just try wrap just one or two cards in tiny, clear plastic wrap and tie the corners up with ribbon like a candy favor and see if that works.

Hope that's clear. Good luck on a mini-tree--I adore the idea!

Oh, cheap holiday candy with it's colorful wrappers tied extra tight with ribbon (so ants and pets don't chomp on the available sweets) might do for ornaments...Hershey's kisses look nice, but maybe too heavy or the wrapping too fragile.

Best regards,

Cerulean

BlueLotus

HearthCricket said:
Visconti and Hanson Roberts would look pretty together, too!

I agree.

elf, I guess you probably already know that there is a mini Hanson Roberts deck which is available Here sold only as a set called Tarot to Go .

If not , it's worth checking out . I am even contemplating getting it as a gift for my niece.

HearthCricket

Too bad decks like The Golden, The Golden Tarot of the Tsar, The Estensi and The Mantegna don't come in minis. What a gorgeous tree that would be!

arachnophobia

HearthCricket said:
Too bad decks like The Golden, The Golden Tarot of the Tsar, The Estensi and The Mantegna don't come in minis. What a gorgeous tree that would be!

What the heck is a mini deck, and would it count as a Tarot? lol

Umbrae

Thoth...

that would look so cool!!!

tmgrl2

OOOHHH...what a wonderful idea, elf!!

I love the look of the mini-Camoin...PM me if you would like one.

terri

Bean Feasa

elf - it's a fantastic idea BUT
...you're scaring me with how far ahead you're thinking.
Like... it's September, and you're thinking about trimming a Christmas tree!!!!!!!!!?????!!!! AAAaaaaarrrrrgh!

Still - a tarot tree would be so cool.

In some of the big chain bookstores here like Waterstones they sell a tiny deck - I think it's called the Tarot Nova - that might do the trick ;)

hedgecub

The Tarot Nova comes in a miniature (2.0cm x 1.4cm) edition, and its images are bright and colourful, as are the backs; perfect for cheering up a tree. It's nearly 1/3 the size of the Tiny Universal Waite Tarot, though, so it'd be difficult to put up the cards without damaging them, spending hours cutting out tiny little acetate corners, or covering half the card in mini clothespins.

The regular-sized Tarot Nova is small enough to be considered a mini deck, though (8.0cm x 6.6cm), so unless you're trimming a very tiny tree indeed, you could just use the normal deck to decorate and not force your visitors to squint at the cards to make out their images...

...in fact, I'm becoming very tempted to punch holes in the corners of my regular-sized Tarot Nova, run a length of ribbon between them, and string my tree this year with a great big garland of cards. Thank you, elf, for this excellent idea! I'm always looking for new and interesting things to decorate the tree with - baubles are so last century, dahlink - and a garland with the Fool's Journey would be just the thing. :D

And Bean Feasa, it's nearly October so elf isn't that early. Certainly not as early as the RSPCA, who have been faithfully sending me one copy of their Christmas catalogue every month. Since July. :p

mythos

It would be nice to mix a gold mini deck ... like the Visconti, with a mini round one ... !

mythos:)