justice reversed...!!

lad

I just begun reading tarot and was doing a reading for a coworker yesterday, i used the 9-card past present-future spread, as it is the one i can most easily read for now. The thing is, justice reversed came up in the past, as well as the four of swords, suggesting a stay in the hospital (her mother had recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and had the tumor removed). I was wondering, could justice reversed mean her feeling as it it wasen't fair for her mother? (her mother had been to the doctor a few times to check the lump and he told her it was only a cist, until she got a mammogram done)

Thx alot!

Citrin

Perhaps she suffered from not understanding why her mother had to go through it. There was no 'reason' for getting such a horrible disease, so it bothered her a lot...

Just a thought.

Sophie

Hello lad, welcome to Aeclectic!

I think your interpretation makes absolute sense, in the context. She might also be feeling the general unfairness of life (the child crying "it's not fair!" - even as adults, we are apt to think it when under stress). I agree with Citirn that she is likely not to have understood why it was happening to her mother, especially if her mother had consulted on a lump before. It might also mean that she felt that the medical system was weighted against them. Finally, it might suggest that in the past she or her mother were not entirely honest with themselves about the possibility of cancer.

What deck did you use?

ps - why don't you introduce yourself in the New Members forum, so we can get to know you?

lad

I used the Rider-Waite deck, i just love it! Also, after thinking about it, my friend/coworker had mentionned that she wanted to sue the doctor for malpractice, and the gave up the idea, thus putting it in the past... But I still makes me wonder how far i can "stretch" a card's meaning..
And yes i will go and introduce myself in the new members section :p

thx alot!

SunChariot

lad said:
I just begun reading tarot and was doing a reading for a coworker yesterday, i used the 9-card past present-future spread, as it is the one i can most easily read for now. The thing is, justice reversed came up in the past, as well as the four of swords, suggesting a stay in the hospital (her mother had recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and had the tumor removed). I was wondering, could justice reversed mean her feeling as it it wasen't fair for her mother? (her mother had been to the doctor a few times to check the lump and he told her it was only a cist, until she got a mammogram done)

Thx alot!

There are a number of ways people read reversals. Yes it could mean what you said. If that is the way you use reversals.

For me, the way I use reversals, I take them to mean that the energy of the card is trying to assert itself, but there is something blocking it from doing so. That means, if the outcome is something the person desires, you can do more readings to see how to remove the blockage and help that outcome become reality sooner. Or if it is something the person does not wish to happen, it gives them an awareness that things are heading in that direction and then they can do more readings on how to avoid it. Clearly justice falls in the category of something we would want to happen.

OR, the way I use reversals, they can mean that what the upright card predicts will happen but there will be a delay.

So to make a long story short... It could mean that there was a feeling that things were not fair at the time, in the past. But also that the universe is working on righting/correcting that.

Either there is something blocking the person from seeing the justice of it, perhaps her attitude or views on what is fair need reexamining. Perhaps he/she needs to find a new way of looking at the situation that would help things feel more just.

Or perhaps just that things have not seemed fair in the past, but in time if they are patient, justice will be served and things will work out for the best.

Hope that makes sense and helps in some way.

Bar

PS and yes, the artwork of the deck you chose will add in much more meaning to the reading.