Golden Tarot of Renaissance

Myrrha

I am wondering how this deck works for reading with. Has anyone been using it regularly for reading? I know that it doesn't use the RWS symbolism and that is fine as long as the symbolism used is useful and intelligible. Is there any strange or bizarre imagery?

thanks!

--Myrrha

weaver

Erased due to misreading of thread. Sorry!

Myrrha

Thanks, Marion.

It is interesting to see what people were saying about it back then... I always wonder how people get on with these decks a year or so later though.

--Myrrha

Alta

Absolutely, those were just for reference and because I have not seen it discussed lately.

The deck is lovely and for folks like Cerulean with the background, fascinating. I would dearly have loved to have had a book with the deck. Lack of understanding of the significance of the images really has made it a collection-only deck for me.

darwinia

Marion said:
I would dearly have loved to have had a book with the deck. Lack of understanding of the significance of the images really has made it a collection-only deck for me.

I agree, but I found a lovely book that is part of a set of four on Italian Frescoes. This book has some information and pictures on the Hall of the Months in Ferrara so I am hoping it helps. I've got some online reference I use for pictures but it doesn't explain too much about the symbolism either.

"Italian Frescoes: The Early Renaissance" by Steffi Roettgen is the book I ordered and it's expensive but I love frescoes and ordered the one on Giotto in this series that just came out. I directly attribute my interest to Lo Scarabeo!

The web sites I use are:
http://www.bbarts.net/Belleswebsite/I/italy/cossa.html

http://gallery.euroweb.hu/html/c/cossa/schifano/2april/index.html
Links at the bottom of the page to other months.

They don't have all the months--think some of them have deteriorated badly, but I'm hoping to get more details and write-up in the book when I get it in December.

Mari knows more about these than I, but I am hoping to catch up with her one day--they are VERY interesting.