Going deck-insane!

bleuivy

I know exactly what you are going through. I have fallen head over heels in love with many different decks in the short time I've been learning tarot.

The first one was the very same deck as you at the moment...Nizzoli's Secret Tarot! I just loved it, and it spoke so clearly to me. I bought the mini deck as soon as it came out and carried it around for months. In fact, I use the mini deck exclusively now, so much so that I've traded the larger deck. At some point I may want the bigger version, but for now the mini is fine.

But of course I've fallen in love with many more decks: the Fey (fell hard for this one), the Gilded, the Thoth. I can feel myself sliding down the slippery slope to tarot-love with the Spiral and the Halloween deck right now. It's always so much fun when this happens!

Now if only LS would publish a mini-Fey, I would really be happy. :laugh:

MareSaturni

bleuivy said:
The first one was the very same deck as you at the moment...Nizzoli's Secret Tarot! I just loved it, and it spoke so clearly to me. I bought the mini deck as soon as it came out and carried it around for months. In fact, I use the mini deck exclusively now, so much so that I've traded the larger deck. At some point I may want the bigger version, but for now the mini is fine.

I guess i'll buy the mini version as soon as i have money. I can only order it from Amazon and it gets kinda expensive when change the money from dolllars to reals (Brazilian money)...especially because of the handling an all...
Thanks for the tip :D

bleuivy said:
the Fey (fell hard for this one), (...)
Now if only LS would publish a mini-Fey, I would really be happy. :laugh:

I have the fey and...i believe this will be my next lover-deck. Hehehehe, it's so pretty! I so hope LS publishes a mini Fey!

~~~Yuko

Emily

I fell very very hard for the Morgan Greer - it was love at first sight lol and its a deck that has never let me down in the year/2 years? that I've been using it.

I get seduced very easily by the decks I buy (me tarot slut :p) but most of them just turn into nice reading decks after the initial Honeymoon period has worn off but I have firm favourites amongst them - the Gilded, the DruidCraft, RWS, Herbal, Gill, Spiral are some I use when I need a change.

Annabelle

:) I know the feeling, completely. I've fallen so hard for so many decks! My current love is the Tarot of the Magical Forest. I wish there was a mini version so that I could carry it everywhere. As is, I carry it just about everywhere with me in the house. I'm considering buying a second copy...

I also have a second copy of the Ship of Fools, just in case 30 years from now, I find that I've worn out my first copy :). I adore that deck...so easy for me to read with. I have a dupe of the Hudes, too, because I enjoy reading with it so much that I keep one copy for myself and one copy to use when reading for others. And I intend to pick up a second copy of the Universal Waite soon, too...

So miss_yuko, you are definitely not going insane. Well, or maybe we are all insane . . . ;)

bleuivy

Emily said:
I get seduced very easily by the decks I buy (me tarot slut :p) but most of them just turn into nice reading decks after the initial Honeymoon period has worn off but I have firm favourites amongst them - the Gilded, the DruidCraft, RWS, Herbal, Gill, Spiral are some I use when I need a change.

I love that term: tarot slut! :) I am going to use it to describe myself from now on. I so easilly get seduced by a new deck, and most of them end up good reading decks. Only a few survive into the favorite deck category that I use often for reading. The Gilded is the top of the list. I'm thinking of giving the Herbal a try, but I think I need to know more about herbs first. The Spiral is quickly climbing onto my favorite deck list as well. I just keep going back to it.

Jewel

You are definetly not alone *LOL*. As for decks I own two copies of well there is the Brian Froud Faeries Oracle, which I have been carrying with me everywhere for about 3 years. Then there is the Cosmic Tribe, and I believe that soon I will have two Fey decks. I have two copies of each of these just in case they are out of print when I've shuffled the spots off the ones I own now *LOL*.

I do also own 2 Thoth decks, for study. One is small with the 3 Magician Cards, the other is large (not the green tint one), and they are great for looking at detail in the artwork.

I own no mini-decks, I like decks in their original size and put them in a bag into my purse and voila off we go. If the purse cannot carry my Faeries Oracle then it is a purse that will not be used. These days I am also running around with the Fey in purse. *LOL*.

TheOld

Jewel said:
I own no mini-decks, I like decks in their original size and put them in a bag into my purse and voila off we go. If the purse cannot carry my Faeries Oracle then it is a purse that will not be used.

Boys don't have purse, so we put mini deck in our pocket ;)

Love, Light & Power
Omeada

sharpchick

I don't have any duplicate or mini decks, but I have carried my tarot-passion-of-the-moment deck with me at times. Each one of my decks has been my favorite at one time or another, and I think now I am settling into a comfortable place where I have favorite decks for certain kinds of readings. Each deck fits me like a glove, and that's the way I like it. My wish lists remain long, and now I am eyeing oracle decks. . .

Yes, I am an addict.