Lucky 13 Birthday Spread for a Young Child

cormac

Lucky 13 Birthday Spread for a Young Child by cormac

Since it was my great-grand-daughter’s first birthday yesterday, I thought I’d create a spread for her and for a child of a young age. I know this probably covers ground already walked but I think it is a bit different nonetheless. The cards for the parents, grandparents, and great grandparents, may be ignored for those that do not apply or simply doubled for one grandparent if there is only one, and so on. :)

Also I use the child’s birthcard as an overall card for the spread but do not remove it from the deck. I figured the birthcard by adding the single digits of the birthdate ... e.g. my great grand daughter’s birthday is 2004.10.06 ... this results in 2+0+0+4+1+0+0+6=13 = Death XIII (I left the zeroes in for illustration purposes; of course you can just ignore them lol) ... thus the title of this spread, “Lucky 13”, for my ggd’s card and, as it accidentally ended up, 13 cards in the spread :)

btw, is there a “side” of a spread that is postive and negative? I think that past, present, and future go right to left in a spread usually ... I was just wondering if the placement of the positive and negative influences is correct. :)

Oh and you’ll see a familiarity between this layout and the Celtic Cross ... basically it was because the original layout was far too tall for the table i was working at so I shifted the parental, etc., influences to the right hand side like the CC. I also got my birthcard in my ggp position :) – kind of surprised and pleased by that :)

OK enuf yakkin’ ...

crosses2...............10....11

01. Who am I? (this is for a young child, not yet able to form this question for themselves)
02. What or whom will cross my effort to be who I am? (the 2nd card crosses the 1st as in the CC)
03. What will be my positive nature? (or personality trait, however you’d like to phrase it)
04. What will be my negative nature?
05. What will be my skill(s)/talent(s)? (I decided 3 cards would be a nice amount for such a far-reaching question)
06. What will be my skill(s)/talent(s)?
07. What will be my skill(s)/talent(s)?
08. Mom’s Influence
09. Dad’s Influence
10. Grandma’s Influence
11. Grandpa’s Influence
12. Great-Grandma’s Influence
13. Great-Grandpa’s Influence

You of course could extend the line of family influences to include great-great-grandparents or even switch them up to be brother/sister influences.

Hope this is of some use to someone :)