The International Icon and Me

Citrin

what a fascinating project. i feel like i'm too much of a newbie to do this yet, but i might try it sometime in the future. it could definitely be rewarding.

elf, good luck with the international icon, it's one of my favorite decks even though i don't own it lol

ps. sorry for the lack of exclamation marks, smilies and even capital letters. my keyboard is having a seizure ugh.

Emily

I'm totally in awe of you too Elf - to devote yourself to one deck for an entire year - I'm not sure I would have the willpower to do it.

I don't have the Internation Icon but I've seen the images and it's on my wishlist, it looks very uncluttered but then it gives you freedom to really take in what the cards say to you.

Really wish you well with this :)

Kissa

congrats! elf, i once spent a holiday with the tarot of prague but cheated on it with the baroque bohemian cats tarot that joined me on my vacation later on.

this year, i was supposed to be faithful to the druidcraft deck but then again, found more decks on my holiday location: labyrinth, gitani, tarot of dreams...

i was told before to do this, put all my decks away and be with just one. i was once faithful to hadar for a month or so.

your experience is very inspiring to me. how bad i have the fairytale on its way from prague soon!!!

it's funny you happen to spend time with the IIT because i had it, traded it and think of it quite often. not that i miss it but i think i missed the whole IIT philosophy when i had it. i was too superficial to realize how deep this whole unpretencious colourful deck can be. darn you tempt me, lady! ;)

i guess i won't be sending you wegmueller's decks for a while in order not to tempt you. would some salmiakki cheer you up when you miss merryday and osho? that i would gladly send to you without feeling guilty of turning you away from your goal...

(((elf))) love you, rakas ystäväni! sinä olet sankari!

kissa

Satori

No Wegmuellers?????????????????

<blood curtling scream of agony>

jewel-ry, almost every deck is put away.
I had readings to do in the days prior to the arrival of the Icon, so I left out my Tao Oracle, my Faery Oracle and the Dance of Life Tarot.
Everything else is put away.

Now, the stipulation is to read for others with one deck....but I can keep out my Faery Oracle for myself, right?

Thanks Robin Ator, but Umbrae you do deserve some thanks....for getting me into this, for the box of packed decks, for the lack of reading material on a certain topic in this house, for the post from kissa and my lack of two perfectly good Wegmueller's Tarots...........

Oh my. I'm working myself up to a very nice pity party.
Pardon me while I go off in an anguished and self-indulgent huff!

bleuivy

Alright, so I have deffinately decided I am in on this crazy adventure. I tried once before and failed miserably, but maybe knowing other people are in on it too will help me stick with it.

Hopefully I could get support when I miss my Gilded or my Fey and start madly searching through my put-away decks until I find them. (Oh no! How am I going to spend 6 months-1 year without the Gilded and the Fey?!)

I think I just might be crazy. :)

PlatinumDove said:
I think I'll join you on this endevour. I don't have many decks, only 16, but...which one to choose? Do I choose one of my tried and true ones? Do I choose one of the ones I haven't read with at all yet? Heck, maybe this could become an AT thing, like the AT traveling deck! We could get members...willingly of course...to commit to one deck for an entire year!

Yay! Another convert! It would be fun if a few more people were doing it.

I'm having the same dillema: Which deck to choose? I want to use a deck that is deep enough I could stick with it. I would choose the Universal Waite, but I just cannot look at it every day for 1 year - the faces of those people sort of freak me out. Maybe I'll use a clone deck. The Hanson-Roberts is my newest deck, and I've had some great readings with it. Or maybe I should order the International Icon and cross that one off my wish list. ;) Or, hmmm...the Thoth, perhaps?

Oh well. Any suggestions?

I'm not officially going to start until after I recieve the AT travelling deck, so I'm thinking I'll officially will start in a week.

I must be a masochist because I'm actually looking forward to this. :)

Emily

I've just been drawn back here too - I've thought since I last posted here about just how much you would learn from a deck in a year, and how unique a study it would be if you managed to stick it out for the full year - its something you probably would never do again.

Hi bleuivy,

You could always ask your decks which one would want to be used for the year, then if its a deck that you think would keep your interest for a year, use it.

Just out of interest I've just asked my Tarot of the Old Path - if it would want me to work with it for a whole year and it gave me The Hermit which in the Old Path is titled The Wise One. But I'm not so sure lol

Satori

I must say that I've been thinking about what deck bleuivy could choose, I looked at her list, and have really thought about it...and I vote for the International Icon.

It is really poetic. I'm liking the deck more every time I use it.

Without the old world dress and without the faces and with the coloring of the people etc it is very easy and interesting to read.

Of course I may be looking for people to talk about the II with, I would love the II company!!

However, of course, whatever deck you choose be welcome here with me!

Kissa

bleuivy, you have the universal tarot, this is the one i am seriously leaning towards to if i get the courage to pack awat all my stuff. otherwise, but i would have to buy these ones first... original waite OR international icon. but i will definitely go with some regular RWS typical clone. no merryday or faeries, for example.

i am soon entering a Temperance (14) year: moderation, and according to Mary K. Greer's tarot constellation principle, Temperance is associated to Hierophant (both have a reduced digit equal to 5). Hierophant is about learning and teaching. somehow elf's commitment could be very appropriate for me too. And look what's funny: elf is in a Hierophant year...

just wandering ... what year are you in bleuivy?

are we committing ourselves into this together, you elf, bleuivy and i? you are probably very masochistic, bleuivy (no comment about you, elf ;) ) but i have actually been thinking all day about this and i can really see myself doing it. but i need support... :D

kissa

Satori

I support you.
I support you.
I support you.

Sulis

I'm so tempted to do this too.

Elf, I've been eying the II for ages now but it's quite expensive - what's the lamination like? Very shiny lamination is a definate no-no for me.

Love

Sulis xx