Hologram Deck?

Grigori

Imagine how thick a deck of hologram cards would be! Even a small size deck would be unshuffle-able I think.

The problem for me with a holographic card, is that the plastic coasting that allows the card to be holographic would look kind of tacky and too modern for my tastes. Actually as I type I am thinking that holographics back would be more acceptable to me than holographic images... hmm....

Maybe someone could make those 3D pictures, where you have to go cross-eyed to see the image. Then we could all amaze sitters by reading cards that all look identical to them :D Magic ;)

Zephyros

similia said:
Maybe someone could make those 3D pictures, where you have to go cross-eyed to see the image. Then we could all amaze sitters by reading cards that all look identical to them :D Magic ;)

I hate those pictures so much!!! I have never, ever, EVER seen anything in them!!!

gregory

They can't have to be that thick - the stickers weren't - and every credit card contains one; I doubt they are that expensive either. I bet manufacturers just don't want to invest in anything less than a sure thing ?? Cynical, moi............ I think one would be interesting, but how would it read ??? Ambiguous to say the least. A curiosity more than anything, I think....

PS ooooooh fab image (it took ages to load; I have only just seen its full potential ! As a deck - I don't think so.............!

Grigori

Yeah the thickness would depend on the type of hologram. There are the pretend holograms with the thick plastic prism coats that I was thinking of, as I think they are better suited to a tarot image. The actual laser made holograms like those on a bank card can be very thin, but I don't think they can have the sort of color range and detail that you see on the example at the start of this thread.

I long for the 3D moving Star Wars hologram chess set that TarotBear mentioned. I think I'll wait for that :D

Lillie

Well, I hadn't let it load properly first time.
It's quite amazing how '3D' it seems.

This is much more than the little holograms I was talking about.
But still, they were beautiful in their own way.

I have had a look through some of his stuff on the site (www.spectraleyes.com)

He's an amazing artist, and although that was the only picture that moved (in the ones I looked at) there were some others that I liked even more.
very beautiful stuff, by a very talented artist.

cerwinrhiannon

It would be very interesting to use!

Flavio

Holograms are very cool things, as comic book collector I've seen enhanced covers with holograms and through the years holograms had evolved into something very "real" like 360 degress 3D for the eyes.

A deck made of holograms? besides it would be costly as previously mentioned, the material of which holograms are made gets scratched very very easily, (even by dust!) the cards would get damaged just by shuffling and in very few time the images would look ugly.

Another thing, would be the eye-brain health related problems, at least headaches are expected from long time hologram-watching, anyway I would love to see a hologram or stereogram deck!

Cerulean

So Hologram Sticker Tarot images seem cool...

and it could be the mini kind of thing, like a Tarot Nova pretty little bit...or animals with tarotlike attributes.

The Gummybear Holographic Tarot Sticker album!

Ah well, you heard it here last...

Cerulean

Emeraldgirl

Cool :D I like the idea. It could be expensive to produce and I can understand why a publisher may not be willing to take a gamble on it but if it was done tastefully (I agree with Similia no tacky plastic covers) it would be really great.