Cleansing

wizzle

The advice at this website seems so good, I thought I'd share

http://www.sobrietystones.com/resources/cleansing.htm

Do unto your crystals as you would be done unto.... or... something like that.

Also, I have a new method for cleansing REALLY bad stuff which I thought I'd mention as well. In a glass/china bowl/plate put some salt and top with a few black pebbles. Found pebbles are best. Sea salt or kosher salt is better than table salt, but that will do if the others are not available. Put the bowl and whatever needs cleansing into a box. I use a wooden one. Leave a couple of days or up to a week. Since this is so gentle, there is no rush. When finished, take the pebbles out and put them into the sunshine (outdoors if possible) for at least 6 hours to get rid of all the ickies they soaked up. Don't use the pebbles again for at least 48 hours to give them time to rest. Throw away the salt. I'd like to hear if this method works for anyone else.

The pebbles/salt also work well in situations like a closet where you want to cleanse out your clothes. Try to use a closet that is not in constant use, though.

p.s. don't leave salt in contact with silver unless you like to polish the silver. I did that first and learned to use glass/porcelain instead.

catlin

Hi Wizzle,

Thanks for sharing but please mind that soft stones like Turquoise, Malachite, Azurite don't like treatments either with salt or direct sunlight because they might be damaged.

wizzle

Catlin,

I totally agree that the stones you mentioned shouldn't be subjected to either salt or sunlight. Which is why I developed a method that did not use them to cleanse. Maybe I was obscure, but salt is used ONLY with the pebbles. The crystals themselves are not put into the bowl of salt/pebbles. Instead, the bowl containing the salt/pebbles goes into the box and the crystals to be cleansed also go into the box next to the bowl but not IN the bowl. So the crystals never come in contact with the salt.

After the cleansing, ONLY the pebbles go out into the sunshine so they can be quickly cleansed.

Hope that clairifies the process.

catlin

Hi Wizzle,

Thanks for clarifying. I think I misread it, sorry.