Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Alchemical Tarot Study Group

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Alchemical Tarot

Citizen

brenmck 
Citizen

Alchemical Tarot Study Group

Looking for any of you who would like to form a study group for the Alchemical Tarot.

How about one card per week?

Robert Place's accompanying book would be a valuable reference, as he includes so many alchemical symbols in the cards.

For convenience and easier reference, Place's book begins the study of the Minor Arcana in Chapter Four. The first suit discussed is the Ace of Coins, so perhaps we could begin there, with the Ace of Coins, and follow the sequence of his book.

If anyone in the course of study has a particularly compelling and/or mystifying card you'd like to delve into, let's do that, but let's stay in the suit that we're currently discussing (?).

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions. Ace of Coins, anyone?

brenmck
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Citizen

lunakasha 
Citizen

Count me in, brenmck....Ace of Coins sounds like a solid start!

I am surprised there has never been an Alchemical Study Group....

Thanks for getting us started!

Luna
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
Citizen

TheOld 
Citizen

I'm also in

Power
Omeada
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
Citizen

blackroseivy 
Citizen

I'll join!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4
Citizen

brenmck 
Citizen

Great start!

Hi, Luna, TheOld, and Danubhe - Thanks for your interest. I planned to chime in tonight with thoughts on the Ace of Coins, but now I'm going through all my Symbols books to check out that rabbit (or "hare," if you prefer). The only two cards with the rabbit symbol (that I know of) are this Ace and The Fool, which I found really interesting. And how about the Coin resting on a mound rather than coming out of the sky?
As I understand it, we start a new thread for each card?

brenmck
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #5
Citizen

lunakasha 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenmck
Hi, Luna, TheOld, and Danubhe - Thanks for your interest. I planned to chime in tonight with thoughts on the Ace of Coins, but now I'm going through all my Symbols books to check out that rabbit (or "hare," if you prefer). The only two cards with the rabbit symbol (that I know of) are this Ace and The Fool, which I found really interesting. And how about the Coin resting on a mound rather than coming out of the sky?
As I understand it, we start a new thread for each card?

brenmck
Yes....you can go ahead and start the first thread when you are ready!

Just title it "Alchemical Study Group - Ace of Coins" (for example) and the moderators will add it to the main thread.

I am curious now about the connection between the Ace of Coins and the Fool....and will also be looking up the rabbit/hare in my animal books.

Luna
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #6
Explore > Wonder < Repeat

Strange2 
Explore > Wonder < Repeat

I'll join in the study! With the good news from Robert Place of a reprinted version of the deck planned for January, there should be an increased interest and long overdue exposure for this excellent deck.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #7
~ Collector of words ~

WolfSpirit 
~ Collector of words ~

Thanks to an observant fellow AT member I found a copy I could afford. I am very new to this deck and don't know if I will contribute much for now...but I am happy there is a Study Group for this deck, it will help me get in touch with it
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #8
Citizen

brenmck 
Citizen

WolfSpirit - thanks for your reply. We've started with the Ace of Coins and Two of Coins, located on the Study Group Thread. Please join us as soon as you can - I haven't seen much action yet here yet! We'll be happy to hear from you.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #9
Citizen

sapienza 
Citizen

I know this thread is years old, but is anyone interested in reviving the Alchemical study group now the new deck is on it's way to those who have ordered it? I have the original with the companion book, but I plan to get the Renewed version eventually. The original study group didn't get far as all only doing the ace and two of coins. I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or not.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.