International Icon - Queen of Swords

Sulis

I'm finding the court cards fascinating in this deck.

I'm always drawn to the courts - I find that if I can get a lot out of the court cards then I usually like a deck.

I drew this queen as my daily card a couple of days ago.

What I'm finding very interesting is the differences in the thrones.

The Queen of Swords sits on a very simple block - there is no back to her throne, just a golden block with a lighter gold butterfly on it.
The butterfly makes me think of the transformative quality that our thoughts and ideas can have.
The block for a throne makes me think that this is a strong lady, she doesn't need the back of a comfy chair to support her, she supports herself and sits very straight.
Who is she beckoning forward? That's something I always think with this Queen in the RWS deck and the IIT version is no exception.
Her head is above the clouds in the background - she thinks clearly.

The colours of this card are very cool and calming and her sword is dark green.
Green is a colour of fertility, luck and growth.
It relates to the heart chakra so it makes me think that although she can be tough and is prone to logical thinking, she's also understanding and loving.

Any more thoughts on this queen?

Sulis xx

Attachments

• QueenSwords.gif
    QueenSwords.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 159

Jewel-ry

Sulis said:
I'm finding the court cards fascinating in this deck.

Me too! More so than in any other deck. I have always felt intimidated by them but not with this deck.

The thing I find interesting in this card is that she sits above the world. The surface is curved not flat. The emphasis is on distance. She has distanced herself from the rest of the world. Maybe she can be distant, aloof at times.

She is a pale mauve colour so has not quite made purple...the colour of royalty. Suffice to say her colour is slightly muddied which gives me the impression that things havn't been clear cut or easy sailing for her. A certain amount of suffering has been experienced.

If you look at the other cards this colour appears in, they can all relate to a certain amount of heartache too -

2 Swords
6 Swords
7 Swords

and interestingly the person in 4 Cups is a similar colour!

I have to say that I am finding more and more in this deck which interests me. The colours speak to me so much.

:)

crazy raven

No hands

The Queen of Swords has no hands! Does this mean she is cut off from human feelings? Has she cut herself off from touching, a crucial part of human nature.
Is her body which is of an indigo color, a receiver and at the same time a transmitter? Does she keep in and draw in feelings and emotions inside her torso, her body, her belly, until she has interpreted them on her own ground. Perhaps she is a bit disenchanted and mistrustful with the lot of us human beings; I bet this stems way back to her childhood days. She was porbably very trusting in the past and was hurt badly when her guard was down. Now she sees through all our facades, and also our hidden powerplays.

I've always found her to be very concerned with what is on people's thought and their minds and of course their inner intentions - sometimes she's right and sometimes she can misread our faces, our postures through her extreme sensitivity. It seems as though she has had a lifetime of learning to be always on guard looking for people's hidden and negative intentions. Always aware of the danger signals beforehand. Her body, her sword a barometer, testing, scrutinizing, determining if she can trust you or not.

Sulis

Crazy Raven, none of the figures in the IIT have any hands.

Sulis xx

Satori

This queen seems to be ready for any challenge.
Her posture speaks so much to the invitation of any thing you can throw at her. her straight back, her hand pulling you towards her, drawing you in.

I love this queen and agree with previous posters about these courts.
Great set of folks.