sun or moon or both

star-lover

ive felt i was more my moon sign (sag) for ages
its my day to day self really - the moon is what you do without thinking about it

the sun (libra) is what you have to think about lol

its not as natural

think the moon/sun in combination is the strongest feature of the chart

so for ages i have been like after truth justice and fairness good times positivity, making it all ok

ascendant is important but as far as im concerned the ascedant is a block to the sun and moon

i understand my ascendant virgo but i dont like it one bit at all lol
though i know it helps me play out the sun and moon
and its pluto conjunct ascendant eek
in my case these 3 signs spell trying too hard to be good and thats true in me life

discuss

xx

dadsnook2000

Wrong path to conclusions

star-lover, you may have taken the wrong path to reach the conclusions you have expressed. Without your chart, I may have to correct myself, but this is what I see.

Your Sun is in a middle house while your Moon is in a angular house -- you would normally, all other factors not considered, express yourself more easily through the Moon. This is basic.

Your Moon, relative to the Sun, is in a "worker" phase -- by itself this means you are in a struggle to be free of the past, to become a new person. The rest of your chart will speak to this and fill out the answer.

Your Virgo Ascendant, as such may not be the culprit in terms of being a block to the Sun. Afterall, the Ascendant is a point which when activated permits and shapes your expression -- BUT, you said it is conjunct Pluto! Pluto will provide the energy of expression. Pluto can be an isolationist, not good in some ways for someone who has to struggle to find a new/better identity and sense of self. Pluto can bring intensity, focus, a seeming "need" for power and manipulation or the drive to associate with those who have power and can manipulate -- also large groups who demand much from their members.

The question for you to answer may be, "How do I use this Pluto personality to augment and direct my Sun-Moon energy. The Sun reflects the appreciation of stability and resources (2nd house) within a peaceful and balanced sense of environment (Libra). The Moon is more adventursome and free wheeling and may actually embarass the Sun at times as a means of shaking the trees and seeing what happens. Pluto likes to have a plan, not just "see what happens." Its areas like this where you may see a "blockage" in how you live or experience events in your life.

This is about all I can constructively make of these limited factors. Hope it helps. Dave

star-lover

Wrong path to conclusions

in a nutshell probably yes LOL
when you go from one wrong to the other you end up somewhere one day and think how the heck did i get there

also a case of trying to run before you can walk when learning anything really

just wanted to say thanks for all that and i will reread and try and digest

x

carly

oh im kina new to astrology so most of that went whoosh! but i do know im more like my aquarius moon sign than my cancer sun sign :)

yes.. thats it... :rolleyes:

xx

star-lover

carly said:
oh im kina new to astrology so most of that went whoosh! but i do know im more like my aquarius moon sign than my cancer sun sign :)

yes.. thats it... :rolleyes:

xx

my dads got aquaurius moon and sun cancer
he is wacky lol but emotional too
wacky emotions

nice people they are cancers and with aquarius moon bit more stable bit more thinking

carly

yay! wacky but sane, thats me :D

i should read my astrology book again, i payed attention the first half but then I gave up. *sigh* i'll try again soon

xx

wizzle

I think Dad has excellent points to consider.

You might also think about these issues. The moon is the major energy during childhood and is "ready made" so to speak, along with the ascendent. Thus, as a young person (I assume), you are more familiar with it.

The Sun in anyone's chart unfolds over a whole lifetime. As Steven Forrest would say, "you are not a Libra... you are Libra-ing." The Sun is one's fundamental goal in life, what we were put here to do, and the sign is the manner in which we do it. Most people start to get a feel for their Sun in their early 20's but I don't think it's really meaningful until the first Saturn return, at which time we take a look at whether or not we are really doing what we are meant to do in life.

wizzle - 2x saturn returns

sweetmajik

wizzle said:
I think Dad has excellent points to consider.

You might also think about these issues. The moon is the major energy during childhood and is "ready made" so to speak, along with the ascendent. Thus, as a young person (I assume), you are more familiar with it.

The Sun in anyone's chart unfolds over a whole lifetime. As Steven Forrest would say, "you are not a Libra... you are Libra-ing." The Sun is one's fundamental goal in life, what we were put here to do, and the sign is the manner in which we do it. Most people start to get a feel for their Sun in their early 20's but I don't think it's really meaningful until the first Saturn return, at which time we take a look at whether or not we are really doing what we are meant to do in life.

wizzle - 2x saturn returns

Very good point. I Have a question though. What about your Nodes? Doesn't your North Node also have a say in your Life Path? And what if your Sun Sign is the same as your North Node?

dadsnook2000

Nodes

To talk about Nodes, the Moon's nodes specifically, we have to understand just what they are. Consider first the Earth's equinox axis and the Aries point or first day of spring. The orbital plane of the Earth around the Sun is a key astronomical and astrological reference point. The Earth's axis is tipped in one direction and as we orbit about the Sun we reach two points, half way around our orbit, where the axis tilt is in a direction that is square to the Sun and our days and nights are equal in length.

For the Moon we have a somewhat similar, but also different, situation. The Moon's orbit about the Sun is not in the same plane as the Earth-Sun plane. It is tilted. This means that the Moon, as it travels along its orbital path, cuts across the Sun-Earth plane, essentially establishing for the Moon an Aries and Libra axis. So, how does this get used by astrologers?

The Moon's nodes are points in space. They are not planets with gravitational or other energies -- although thier location is used in calculating Moon-Earth relationships such as tides and geo-physical movements in the earth's plates.

So, we could say that the Moon is in a certain lunar zodiac relative to its nodes. Today, the Moon's north node, its "Aries" point, is at 12 Aries as measured in our conventional (Earth/Sun) tropical zodiac. The Moon is passing through the middle of Scorpio. Relative to its node, it is just entering the Lunar Scorpio phase. If you had asked your question several months ago when the Node was in Taurus, then the Moon could have been in the Lunar Libra phase. This makes sense. YET, NO ASTROLOGERS USE THIS WAY OF LOOKING AT AND INTERPRETING THE MOON!

So, how do astrologers use the nodes? We are back to that question again. By long-term observation, astrologers have come to a consensus that the north and south nodes seem to be associated with making connections with others, associations, having seemingly "prior learned skills" (south node) and needing to work on relationships (north node).

Other astrologers, in a more "short term" span of time, have postulated ideas about past lives and karmic messages. You have to consider these for what they are worth to you and how they "verify" themselves in chart after chart. Me, I don't tend to use the nodes for these concepts. That is not to say those ideas don't work -- for me they seem to work at times, not at other times. I just haven't adopted them as my practice is to use only what works about 100% of the time -- I throw everything else out. Simplicity works when it is dependable. I don't make astrology into anything that it isn't. Dave

star-lover

wizzle i'm no spring chicken LOL!! mid 40s but you wouldn't think it if you met me - too immature - saturn in the 5th - arrested development lol when i was younger so i'm making up for lost time

dad - are you a professional astrologer? do you take on work online at all?

p.s.
wizzle - i've had a report done by steven forrest and was pretty amazed - i love his style