Is there a curse on the family? What spread to use?

Netzach

I have been asked (via an intermediary) to do a reading for someone. The only information I have is:

"If it were possible for someone to carry a family curse, this woman has it in her family . . . She wants to know why this is all happening to her and her family and is there anything she can do to change it around?"

Can anyone suggest a suitable spread? I need to do the reading in the next couple of days.

Thanks!

catlin

Merry Meet, Netzach,
Frankly speaking I do not believe that this person is put under a curse but anyway: What about using a yes/no spread first to find out if there may be something unusual going around with her and if so use a 5-card-pentagramm layout based on the significator of the lady to see what is going around.

elviefae

Hi Netzach, wow you sure get the good questions don't you? :) I don't have a specific spread in mind. Just a way of handling it. First of all..the idea of curses builds over time. If a person believes they are under a curse it will make everything that much worse. Whatever spread you use, it might be best to explain to them that you can really only tell what is going on around the family. That it doesn't neccessarily mean they are cursed. You could even give them some affirmations to use to help lift the negativity. They did ask what they could do..affirmations would be good. Space clearing might be another.

Having said that...I'm not gonna rule out a curse. Or what looks like a curse. So many unfortunate things can happen over time and generations that it really can look like a family is cursed. But I also believe it can turn around.

In my mind I'm also hearing a voice saying, "is their home on top of a sacred burial ground?" There are plenty of people who will insist that if you live on sacred burial ground you will definately be cursed. Can't speak personally for that though.

Whatever spread you use..it looks like this person wants a way of resolving it and I would definately focus on that. Give them some tools to use.

Let us know what happens!

PS..I don't know what this person's beliefs are or what yours are but there is also karma to consider. This earth life isn't really meant to be easy..we're here to learn lessons. Its supposed to be a bit difficult..that way we're learning. Thats something to consider with them too.

Elven

Hi :)

I dont know if this spread would be totally appropriate, but I think it could help examine the 'darkness' issue. It could be used if you adjust some of the wording - or use it for one person and then using the same spread, read around the family as a unit.

There are two versions in the thread if you scroll through it - the second spread contains an extra card. The spread is a pentagram.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=44286

Hope it helps or inspires you

Many Blessings
Elven x

catlin

@Elven:
Thanks for bringing up the thread.

wildchilde

Netzach said:
I have been asked (via an intermediary) to do a reading for someone. The only information I have is:

"If it were possible for someone to carry a family curse, this woman has it in her family . . . She wants to know why this is all happening to her and her family and is there anything she can do to change it around?"

Can anyone suggest a suitable spread? I need to do the reading in the next couple of days.

Thanks!
Hi Netzach! Believe it or not, I was confronted with the very same question and did exactly as catlin described...a yes/no followed by 5 more cards if answer was yes. (I am not that good with yes/no questions so I simply said before drawing any 10s, Death, or Wheel card would be the affirmative. However, I would engourage anyone to use what works best for you in the yes/no determination.)

The spread looked like this:

1: Has querent been cursed? (yes/no) if yes, continue...
2: By Who?
3: Why?
4: Is this current or past life related?
5: What is the curse?
6: What does querent need to do or change to end this curse?

My definition of "curse" for this spread was negative thought energy directed at someone. Often, I think though that people who believe they are cursed use their own thought energy against themselves. And aside from karmic issues, I feel that astrological influences in a person's chart can also create the impression of being 'cursed'...hence the term "born under a bad sign". This is what was occurring with the person I created this spread for...you may want to create some card meanings for a 'no' answer that would address those issues. Especially if you are going to do the throw with someone, that way regardless of what the answer to the first question is, you will have somewhere to go with the spread. Hope this helps.

elviefae

I found something I was looking for. This spread was given to me years ago by a friend. I'm not sure where she got it from. But it looks at the spiritual influences surrounding the person or situation. So if there is anything may be it will show. Its called the Split Hexagram:

1. Lesser unknown spiritual influences
2. Greater unknown spiritual influences
3. Spiritual advice
4. Unconscious desires
5. Conscious desires
6. Practical advice
7. Final outcome

Netzach

Thank you all so much. You've given me a lot of very useful information. I've printed it all up and will consider it very carefully before doing this lady's reading. I'm doing it, as I mentioned, via an intermediary who, like the querant, lives in a non-English speaking country. The intermediary is bilingual but I suspect that the querant may not speak English. So I don't know how much feedback I'll get. However, I'll let you know which spread I decide to use and what comes up.

Thanks again.

Netzach

What I did in the end was somewhat convoluted. I started with a reading based on the Dark Self Spread. I used six cards (a pentacle placed around the central, first, card) plus the base card and adapted the meanings to:

1. The source of the negative energies
2. How the negativity reveals itself
3. What is keeping the negativity alive
4. Is there a positive aspect?
5. What needs to be done
6. The first step to be taken

Then I did a name reading and followed this up by drawing one card for each of her (seven!) names. Interestingly, the name reading tied in very well with these seven cards.

I'm now trying to get some more information before sending the readings because I had a strong feeling from the second card (how the negativity reveals itself) that her daughter may have committed suicide. But before putting my big foot in it I want to find out if that's so. I don't even know if she has/had a daughter.

Very many thanks to you all for your input. I found it all enormously helpful - even though I didn't use some of the spreads you suggested - because it helped me to think around the problem and what it was I wanted or needed to know.

Elven

Great adaption Netzach!!

Please let us know how the reading went - the suicide aspect is very interesting! Was it an intuitive message, or did the card point to it?

The feedback should be interesting from the lady!!

Many Blessings
Elven x