The Empress Reversed as the Evil Stepmother

FlashFighter

I was laying out a spread earlier tonite, and the Empress came up reversed. My first thought that came to my mind was the classic evil stepmother archetype from the fairy tales anyone else ever thought of this meaning for this card?

mtnmermaid

I haven't but I don't see why it couldn't be, she has her darker side like all the cards do.

CandyApple

You know that is actually pretty cool. With all the Fairytale decks out acutally making interpretations more story like. I know there are a few fairytale spreads on this site. Might be fun to do a whole theme reading.

(or that could just be over kill. but it still sounds neat)

rainwolf

That actually makes a lot of sense! I would look to cards flanking the empress R to see how/who this is affecting.

Grigori

I once had the Empress reversed come out in a reading as the adopted mother (in combination with the 6 pentacles (giving away) and The Sun (a child)). I think step-mother is a perfectly vaild meaning, and could be very useful!

Thirteen

Just "stepmom"?

FlashFighter said:
classic evil stepmother archetype from the fairy tales anyone else ever thought of this meaning for this card?
Just "stepmother"? Classic evil mother or mother-in-law as well. This is the mother you just can't please. She undermines her children's confidence, never letting them grow or grow up. It's mother-knows-best and don't you forget it or you will be made to feel very bad indeed.

Yep, the Empress' dark side is truely terrifying.

Elven

LOL!!! Very apt interpretation!! :)

Blessings
Elven x