Decks for 2006 - Lo Scarabeo

RiccardoLS

Hello everyone,

2005 is about the end. The world is still turning (and I wasn't sure of that when this year actually began). I'm approaching Christams time... and to be fairly honest my brain translate the word "Christmas" with her true meaning: "Holiday" ^_^

Anyway, the LoScarabeo 2006 catalogue has been finished... it left today my computer with destination: press.
While this mean to me a drastic slow in my workpace (Blessed be things finished and closed), it actually makes the publishing schedule for 2006 done and decided.
You may have seen the preview on Tarotpassages (thanks Diane), but there had been some small changes. These are going to be the LS Tarot decks for 2006:
www.loscarabeo.com/files/LS2006Preview.pdf

By the way... of anyone is interested on "who" is LoScarabeo, here is a little Merry Christmas, which features full pictures of everyone in LS. Here we are:
http://www.loscarabeo.com/files/Auguri.pdf

I would add some comments on the decks to come...
Mostly I like them all (with few exceptions actually), so I think it will be a great year.
There will be two books. One will be Tarot of Jane Austen by Diane Wilkes, and another a book companion to the Marseille Tarot by Lee Bursten.
Kamasutra Tarot will probably have a book in beginning 2007.

Manga Tarot is mine. (and I like it, but I'm not sure what else to say.)
Watch out for the Universal fantasy. Great, breathtaking art there.
Universal Goddess is also going to be interesting.
Jane Austen is an HUGE work. Diane did all she could to have it be THE ultimate "how to do a Tarot deck properly".
The "strange" deck is the Tattooed tarot. I would have never imagined it, but I like it a lot.
Spirit World is beautiful, but be warned... it's dark.
China Tarot is a bit empty but gorgeous (it was already published in Taiwan, but never distributed internationally).
Samurai is also interesting. I will have to see the art printed to really make an opinion.

Anyway... here they are.

Best,

Ric

p.s.
and merry everything!

Istari

Greetings,

Seen through those decks. I find that the universal fantasy tarot definitely interesting. Is there a website that I can be updated on the release of your works?

la-luna

Very nice my tarot-wishlist just got somewhat longer (China just looks sooooo gorgeous, Cleopatra love every Egyptian themed tarot and will make a nice addition to that section of my tarot collection, Kamasutra looks nice too and of course the universal tarot of Marseille can't be missed by my growing Marseilles section)

and also for you my very best wishes
christas allegri e un nuovo-anno felice

weaver

Thanks for sharing these images as well as your thoughts, Riccardo! My Tarot wish list has just basically doubled! :D

I particularly want to express how delighted and excited I am to learn that LS will be producing a companion book to the Marseille Tarot. That it is written by Lee just makes it all the better! Thank you!!!!

Actually, I really welcome the addition of companion books generally to the LS lineup. I am just particularly enthusiastic WRT one written for the Marseille deck.

Thank you!

weaver

truelighth

I just looked at the file and I found the China Tarot very familia, especially the Hermit card. So I am wondering if this is the Lo Scarabeo version of the Der Jen Tarot (Classical Ladies Tarot) from Taiwan/China or if the style is just very similar.

Alta

Wow, thanks Ric, this is lovely. And have a good holiday,!!

Kissa

oh! cool pic! would you happen to be the handsome guy on the left, last row?? :)

now, off to check tarot-related info you provided...

btw, merry christmas is hyvää joulua in finnish (for next year card)

best wishes,

kissa

Kissa

truelighth said:
So I am wondering if this is the Lo Scarabeo version of the Der Jen Tarot (Classical Ladies Tarot) from Taiwan/China or if the style is just very similar.

that must be as it reads indeed "China Tarot - Der Jen" on the pdf document ;)

kissa

FaerieSage

Ok so, I wasn't going to become a deck collector....really...did you HAVE to come up with three beautiful Asian inspired decks?????
Truly though, the Samurai one took my breath away, as did the Manga one. Absolutely stunning!

lunakasha

Thanks Riccardo!

Wow....so many gorgeous decks to look forward to! :p
My favorites would be the Jane Austen, Der Jen and Universal Fantasy.
AND I am eagerly anticipating Lee's book on the Marseille....FINALLY! :D

What an adorable card....I love the way you included your greeting in so many different languages!

:) Luna