The July New Moon, 7/10/02

AquarianGoddess

Welcome to July!! How are YOU feeling emotionally, especially after the Saturn/Pluto opposition and last month’s eclipses? The coming together of the Sun and Moon at 18 Cancer brings to the forefront, our emotional health and healing. This is the month to perform an “emotional check-up” of sorts, to determine what makes us happy, what are our needs and how do we fulfill these needs?

The annual Cancer (ruled by the Moon) conjunction of the Sun and Moon reflects issues of security, family, protection, nurturing and emotionality, but can also be times of insecurity, gloom, remorse, moodiness, depression and being “a crab”.

Jupiter at 25 degrees of Cancer is conjunct the new Moon (and this won’t happen again in Cancer until 2025!) presenting us with a plethora of choices and a “Chariot” to transport us on an emotionally fulfilling journey. Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity!

Listed below are general guidelines on fulfilling your Moon’s needs:

Moon in Aries – taking action; initiating a process; taking a risk (and not a foolish one!); moving on
Moon in Taurus – nature, comfort, food, money and stability (and lots of ice cream!)
Moon in Gemini – writing, writing and more writing! A need to journalize feelings is essential
Moon in Cancer – feeling secure in the family; having a sense of self; being protected; nurturing others’
Moon in Leo – being noticed and admired; standing out in some way; being generous and creative
Moon in Virgo – maintaining emotional order; seeing all the details; can hold up great in a crises; serving others’
Moon in Libra – harmony in all relationships; togetherness; equality; ending relationships on a good note
Moon in Scorpio – being the protector; deep and penetrating feelings; reading others (and being right!); keeping others’ secrets; letting go
Moon in Sagg – exclaiming how you’re feeling emotionally (in no uncertain terms); humor; learning; respecting others’ beliefs;
Moon in Capricorn – wait, do they really have feelings? Oh sure they do! Having all the bills paid and a nice wad of money in the bank; a secure job; a stable family; material possessions; being on-time
Moon in Aquarius – surrounded by friends; doing good deeds for the community; bringing uniqueness to an emotional situation
Moon in Pisces – losing yourself to find yourself (and NOT through drugs and alcohol); boating, painting, dancing, meditating, daydreaming, giving of yourself

And let’s not forget the panacea of feeling good (no matter what planet you’re from or where your Moon is located) is….LOVE. We all need it and we all need to give it, in order to receive it.

Today, there are five planets in Cancer, pay close attention to any psychic feelings that come to you on this day, especially with Mercury in Cancer, enhancing our mental telepathy.

Venus enters Virgo today and remains there for the balance of the month. Love takes on a more practical approach like, you de-germ the bathroom while I’ll make a big pot of healthful soup from our vegetable garden.

Mars is still in Cancer and makes its’ egress on the 13th, then enters fiery Leo (through August). Mars in Leo is Bold and likes to be noticed; it’s like saying, “here I am world, admire me”!

Jupiter is winding down its’ sojourn through Cancer and will enter Leo on 8/1, through August 2003.

Saturn covers the 21st through the 24th degrees of Gemini, while Pluto (retrograde) stays firmly planted in the 15th degree of Sagittarius and the Nodes finish their 66-day transit in the 17th of Gemini/Sagg, then move into the 16th degree (the Nodes always move backwards).

The full Moon on July 24th is at one degree of Aquarius (Sun and Moon are in opposition) and has the Sun in radiant Leo, along with Mercury and Mars close by. Somebody’s feelings are bound to get hurt with this combination, so be real cautious of your speech. Jupiter is conjunct the Sun and opposite the Moon, but void until 8/1 (meaning there’s not much action from Jupiter for these days). Venus in Virgo is square (90 degrees) Pluto, exact today, and certainly adding intensity to the atmosphere. This is not a good day for tiffs, but instead, can be better spent being social, or straying from your normal routine (and do it with a smile!)

On July 26th, we have the annual Mercury/Neptune opposition, a time to go with your hunches and ask for guidance to come to you through your dreams. On July 28th, it’s Mars’ turn to oppose Neptune (occurring every two years) and providing a platform to actualize dreams.

May Love & Light Fill All Your Days in July,

Aquarian Goddess

PS…if you’d like to share what method(s) you employ for finding emotional peace and fulfillment, you’re very welcome to do so; what works for you…is it books, tapes, music, nature, meditation, reflection, etc?

lunalafey

Capi/Cancer combination

Moon in Capricorn – wait, do they really have feelings? Oh sure they do! Having all the bills paid and a nice wad of money in the bank; a secure job; a stable family; material possessions; being on-time...>PS…if you’d like to share what method(s) you employ for finding emotional peace and fulfillment, you’re very welcome to do so
THAT IS SO ME!!!!!!!
HA! yes we do have feelings, we just don't show them very often, we are very good at keeping a straight face. My emotional peace comes from being "on top"(just like any goat, they find a box or a stump and play king of the hill) of things. I like to keep the bills paid and money in the bank, I would not call what I have a wad, but I have been working at a steady job(that gave me a bonu$ for perfect attendance) towards my goals. The real trick to my peace of mind is a comfortable clean enviroment. I cannot really relax when I know that there is work to be done, and for us caps, there is always work to be done.
Today, there are five planets in Cancer, pay close attention to any psychic feelings that come to you on this day, especially with Mercury in Cancer, enhancing our mental telepathy.
OK, I have sun moon and mercury all in cap. all the natal positions are about 10 dg. behind all the planets current positions. Won't these approching oppositions sort of void this out for me?

amyel

Re: Capi/Cancer combination

lunalafey said:
My emotional peace comes from being "on top"(just like any goat, they find a box or a stump and play king of the hill) of things. I like to keep the bills paid and money in the bank...The real trick to my peace of mind is a comfortable clean enviroment. I cannot really relax when I know that there is work to be done, and for us caps, there is always work to be done.

Yep, you sound like a cappy to me!!! Of course, being a cappy myself, this is the *highest* compliment! Seriously.

I also like to keep my bills paid and to have that "comfort zone" in financial security. And I can not stand a messy house. I have learned to accept "untidy" - I have had to, or else I would stress myself out with the nagging and cleaning required - in other words, I have compromised by lowering my standards of cleanliness to accomodate the whole family. Trust me, this was very difficult!

AquarianGoddess

Hi Luna,

Yep, you really are a Cappy Moon and good for you!

Although the Cancer stellium is beyond the opposition aspect with your Cap planets, it still is a lunation and taking place in one of your houses, meaning, it brings matters of that house in focus for the month (and all of the other Cancer planets add focus as well.)

One year when I was teaching astrology, I had three woman in the class with Cap Moons and all of them were the best at their jobs. One was a legal secretary and typed 105 words a minute!

AG

lunalafey

ECHO THAT

AG, I hear from my customers all the time, not only am I the best at my job but the best in all the bars.
How do I find the house? the moon(on the 10th) is at 12d. cancer, 12d. Cancer is in the middle of my 10th house. 11th H. cusp does not start until 23d.
I have just started to dabble a bit into houses, they where too confusing when I first started learning. Help!(so I should be looking at the 10th house? if so, more capi kinda stuff, whew.)
amyel, I had quite a few sloppy roommates, I too had to learn to tolerate it to some degree. It's funny though because when I was a kid, my room was always a mess, but I knew where everything was. That all changed suddenly when I was 11 or so, very odd.

AquarianGoddess

Okay, now I'm confused, Luna!

Give me the degree of your Moon...I'm assuming that your Moon is in Cap, right, in the 10th? If so, Cancer is your 4th house.

Also give me the cusps of your 4th and 10th with the signs.

Thanks a bunch!
AG

lunalafey

PLEASE don't be confused cuz then I'll be confused

OK
Asc 21/22 Vir
4th house starts at 20/17 sag.
Sun 9/55 cap. mercury 11/51 cap(4th)
Moon 24/57 cap(which just barely falls in the 5th house which starts at 23/26 cap)
10th house starts at 20/17 gemini and ends 23/26 can. no planets in that house.
Is that better??? i hope..(*wee voice*)

PurpleGoddess

emotional...

i'm all weepy this morning...new moon or is it just pms? even on the pill i get a little bit of the upheaval i cant seem to avoid.

peace...fulfillment? sometimes just being in my apt w/no t.v. or music on. candles w/enya or other new age artists. nice bubble bath w/candles and lights low. a walk on the beach. a long talk on the phone w/my soul-sisters.

i'm starting to feel the emotional check-up/cleaning that A.G. mentioned at the start of this thread. i need to find out what makes me happy, who i am and what i'm looking for in life and loving relationship. the pain from past relationships is finally taking it's toll on me and being a cancerian i just want to hide my in my shell and wait until all this planetary stuff passes by. but that i know doesn't fix the problems or makes life any easier.

since i've found this forum i've been doing alot of learning and trying to practice it but it's causing confusion and that feeling that nothing is really getting done. must be all these planets in cancer or i've just been on a personal stagnation. it's time to grow and let go!

peace and love,
:tqc

meatbox666

I have no earth found in my chart. I am hating that. What happens if there is no earth found in ones chart.

AquarianGoddess

Meatbox,

Many of us are "missing" an element in our charts, but that's what we chose for this life.

For instance, Bill Clinton doesn't have any water in his chart, but Hillary has five water planets. When we're short an element, we tend to seek out those who have an abundance of that element.

Also, even though you don't have any earth, you may have planets contained in the earth houses, 2nd, 6th and 10th, which does compensate, OR, you can have many Saturn aspects which add earth.

If you live in an area where you can have a garden, that's a wonderful way of adding earth into your life. Adding plants in your home is another way. Get into nature in some way, perhaps through volunteer work or joining a group.

AG