~ Favourite Cosmic Tribe Card

kayne

I know this has been discussed a bit before but I wanted to bring it up again to hopefully get more people down here in the Cosmic Tribe Study Group.

What is your favourite card in the Cosmic Tribe Tarot Deck and why?

My favourite card is 20 ~ Emergence. I think this is an excellent interpretation of Judgement, particularly the idea of leaving an aspect of your old self behind to make way for the new, evolved self. I love the way the central figure points upwards, sugesting that despite emerging as a new person he is still looking ahead. The opened flower coming from the heart of the 'old self' is also significant and demonstrates the process of emerging very well.

Jewel

I just have too many favorites to pick just one, but let me try and narrow it down ... in the Majors I would have to say that my favorites are the Empress, Devil, Death, and Emergence. To me each of these cards captures the essence of the cards meaning. As for the minors this deck offers the first 4 of Disks that I like, the card made me have an "AHA" moment which has helped me better understand the meaning of the card and its interpretation in other decks as well. The Knight of Disks is another one that I love, the way the face imprint rises from the ground, but can be missed if you are not looking closely. I love the way often times cards from this deck pick up on meanings that are traditional, that we know of, but do not use as often in interpreting the cards.

kayne

Jewel said:
the way the face imprint rises from the ground, but can be missed if you are not looking closely.
Jewel! Help me! I can't see the face imprint... Where is it in terms of the eyes and the flowers? *I really want to see this!* :D

Jewel

OOOPPPPS meant to say the Prince of Disks

kayne said:
Jewel! Help me! I can't see the face imprint... Where is it in terms of the eyes and the flowers? *I really want to see this!* :D

~giggles~ sorry Kayne I did not have the deck with me and confused the two cards I meant the Prince of Disks ... silly me ... anyways, in case you have not found the face on this card, the snake coiled at the Prince's foot is the third eye, the eyes of the face are right below the snake to either side, the vegetation forms the hair line. The Prince emerges from the third eye of the earth. Such a cool card! Had you noticed that before?

kayne

Ah wow! That is so cool!!! I can't believe I hadn't picked it up - thanks for pointing it out for me... :D That really adds to the meaning of that card... particularly from the perspective of communicating in alternative ways... Thanks Jewel!!!

Jewel

You are most welcome! That is one of the reasons I love this deck, there are little things like that in several cards if you look closely. Not necessarily as great as that face, but look closely through your deck and see if you find one so you can share with me! ~giggles~

Yemana

Hi,
I'm new here and just purchased my first deck and it happens to be the Cosmic Tribe. (I know I was warned it wasn't really for newbies) But the symbolism is magnificent and it's very easy to read. This deck goes deep. Would I be able to study with you?
Let me know, I wouldn't want to intrude.
Thanks,

kayne

Absolutely Yemana - Welcome aboard!!!
The first deck that made me really interested in learning tarot was the Cosmic Tribe and... four years later and through many new decks... it is still the one I love! So - if is works for you, it is not a bad one at all to start with.
Enjoy! - So, on first impressions Yemana, which card strikes you as the best?

faunabay

I know I've been scarce lately...kinda been busy. LOL

But I'll jump in here. My favorite card is the Queen of Disks.

She just looks like she's having such fun -- got that saucy, pleased with herself, big grin!!! :D And I love the one with nature feel too. It's got such a cheery, kind of naughty energy to it!!! Very down to earth! LOL

The Queen of Disks is my favorite, but the other one I really like has the complete opposite feel - The Star. To me it has much more of a reserved feel to it. The young girl is directing the star's energy in a very quiet, composed way. It's very beautiful -- almost otherworldly.

Yemana

For me , just looking through the deck for the first time, I love the four of wands. Those hands grasping for the fruit off the trees. The colors are so bright and warm at the same time. Like a sunset at the edge of a dark forest. I don't know, I love that card.