How to learn astrology?

tieduptinkerbell

I can't even tell you

how much this facinates me...

if I take a course or read a book to learn...which would you reccomend...

NOTE: not sure if this is the right place for this but it is you guys I want to ask...

thanks
Bell

Grigori

I'm almost finished reading this book right now and am finding it really excellent for a beginner trying to get into the nature of astrology a bit deeper.

I'd recommend reading something similar, after you've read a basic book that covers the main parts. This one seems easily available, and has been through many revisions and improvements over the years it has been around.

There's a lot of websites also. Rainwolf posted these ones which I use all the time.

http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TOClessons.htm
http://www.azcentral.com/ent/horoscopes/glossary.html

There's also this thread here on Aecletic, where isthmus nekoi has compiled a truly excellent list of resources on the internet as well as books available. :thumbsup:

Moongold

Hello Bell ~

Hey .... some basic suggestions ~

Get your chart done at www.astro.com (it's free) and get one of their reports so that you can see what they make of your planetary placements, aspects and so on.

Then get one of the books on chart interpretation that Isthmus lists in her guide to resources. The point is to understand the chart. Whether it's your own chart or someone else's, it doesn't matter.

Those books will teach you the fundamentals of the universe to begin with - the placement and significance of the planets, the earth's ecliptic and so on.

In understanding the chart you'll learn about signs, houses, aspects and what is most significant for a first view.

This will take you ages but it is worth the effort. If you don't understand the basics of chart analysis then won't understand much else.

A simple astrological dictionary would be a good investment. "Astrology for Dummies" was fine for me in the beginning.

Bob Marks' site is very good indeed and there are lots of other sites around as well.

Astrology is not like Tarot. There are a good many concrete things you need to learn first.

I hope you enjoy the learning as much as I have! Good luck with it :).

Moongold

a_shikhs

Hi tinkerbell,
I have this lovely book on astrology called "The Complete Book of Astrology" by Caitlin Johnstone. It is a really nice book and explains in detail all the planets and their relations with zodiac signs and all. I bought it ages ago but have suddenly developed interest in astrology and i must say, it is one heck of an interesting topic...:D

tieduptinkerbell

its funny

a_shikhs said:
Hi tinkerbell,
I have this lovely book on astrology called "The Complete Book of Astrology" by Caitlin Johnstone. It is a really nice book and explains in detail all the planets and their relations with zodiac signs and all. I bought it ages ago but have suddenly developed interest in astrology and i must say, it is one heck of an interesting topic...:D
I used to study as a teenager, but along with other things I was told were a sin, I dropped it...

I have always followed it though...not so much the horoscope but how my chart affects my life. I have a chart done by someone here...its absolutely mind boggling...but I have to make sure that is the exact birth time. How do we find that out other than relying on our old parents to remember. Is it written somewhere?

Thanks
Bell
x

a_shikhs

Have you heard about something called the "kundli"??? Here in india, when a baby is born , the parents make the child's kundli. In that kundli everything including the time of the child and all the other details are included. Or you can check out your papers in the hospital you were born in. Just an idea..:)

wizzle

Tink,

I'm not sure how it is in Canada, but here in the States the birth time is recorded on the child's birth certificate. You can apply to your local authorities yourself for a copy.

tieduptinkerbell

cool

wizzle said:
Tink,

I'm not sure how it is in Canada, but here in the States the birth time is recorded on the child's birth certificate. You can apply to your local authorities yourself for a copy.
thanks Wizzle...I think my mom has mine but it don't think its on it...I am going to enquire tho...

Bell
x

Sunburst

Hi Bell. I've done astrology charts semi-professionally. In Canada, if you were born in a hospital, it will be in the hospital's records, and they will provide the information to you. Unfortunately, the birth time isn't on the birth certificates for most provinces. And if you were a home birth, your parents are your only option.

Sunburst

tieduptinkerbell

hmmm

Sunburst said:
Hi Bell. I've done astrology charts semi-professionally. In Canada, if you were born in a hospital, it will be in the hospital's records, and they will provide the information to you. Unfortunately, the birth time isn't on the birth certificates for most provinces. And if you were a home birth, your parents are your only option.

Sunburst
Do i just contact the hospital?...